Austin Atkins
Austin Atkins, A+ Certified IT Pro
Experience:  A+ Certifed Technician 5 years, IC3 Certifed 6 years
16485884

I have a Hp Pavilion dv6-6135dx when I start the computer I

I have a Hp Pavilion dv6-6135dx when I start the computer I get a pop up HPOSD.exe- Ordinal Not Found. The ordinal 2 could not be located in the dynamic link library d2d1.dll. Can someone tell me how to fix this error?

Austin Atkins :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you. First, does this message appear after the computer has booted to the desktop? Also, how long ago did this problem begin?

Austin Atkins :

Thanks.

Customer:

Yes the message appears each time I start the computer and shows up on the desktop

Austin Atkins :

Ok. Thank you. Let's first stop any third party profgrams from loading by themselves when windows boots. First, click start, then type msconfig into the search box and press enter.

Austin Atkins :

Then, when the window appears, select the "Startup" tab.

Customer:

okay done

Austin Atkins :

Then click Disable All, click ok and restart the computer.

Austin Atkins :

After rebooting, there will be another message that appears for the changes we have made, but note if the error message is gone or not.

Austin Atkins :

Thanks.

Austin Atkins :

Hello. Did the error message appear this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What can I do next to make sure it gets fixed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot see you on the chat screen anymore. How can I get back to the chat?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The expert did not finish answering the question.
Hello. Please reply if you can see this post.

Thanks.
Austin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I can see it

Ok. Sorry. Sometimes the instant chat post doesn't go through correctly. Ok, I'm not sure how much you saw. After selecting the "Startup" tab, you need to click "Disable All" and then restart the computer. Were you able to see those steps?

Thanks.
Austin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I restarted the computer after making those selections. When I started the computer the pop up did not show up/

Ok. Thank you. The problem is solved. There are many third party programs that get installed with computer. Many things like adobe reader updates, itunes background applications, search tools etc. One of these unused programs was loading by itself when the program, in fact none of the programs, are required to be there. They only slow the machine down. Your computer should be all set from now on. Please let me know if there is more I can help you with. If so, simply choose reply.

Thanks.
Austin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay thank you for the help.

Certainly. Feel free to return any time you need help. Also, if you've found my service helpful, don't forget to click the accept button so the site registers an answer.

Thanks.
Austin