Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

my name isXXXXX and I run a small business called

my name isXXXXX and I run a small business called rent my husband Alexandria DANGEROUS URL REMOVED,.The problem Im having is that I have recently changed my phone number and address and its affected my google rating,I have paid a rep from yext that assured he could edit all my listings but there are several listings w/the old address and phone number.PLEASE HELP ME W/THIS PROBLEM,MY NEW PHONE NUMBER IS318(NNN) NNN-NNNNAND MY ADDRESS ISXXXXXPINEVILLE LOUISIANA 71360,THANK YOU
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Are you seeing the incorrect phone number and address on websites that you are finding in google?

Please provide me with more specific details about where you are seeing the incorrect information so I can best assist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

say for instance you type in handyman Pineville llouisiana,there will be listings come up for them including my business"rent my husband handyman' but the phone number and address are incorrect

Ok so you mean like the BBB page and the business finder page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no,its bing and yahoo local search that are most important

I think you may be misunderstanding how search engines like google, yahoo and bing work.

First let me explain to you what these searches do andhow it works so you better understand your situation.

Search engines provide relevant results to to users when web sites match the terms entered into the search. The searches do not hold that data that you are seeing, the website does. The searches simply indexes the text of websites and points a link to the web page where the terms are matched.

So the in your case your issue is with the websites and not the searches

What you will need to do is go to every website that has your information listed incorrectly you will then need to look for a way on each site to correct the information. It will not be the same for every website but I am sure all will provide a way to contact them to change the address and phone number.

After you correct the information on the websites that are displaying it incorrectly those changes will eventually show up in all of the searches as well. Please understand that the search results do not change immediately it can take days or sometimes weeks.

If you paid your person from yext to change the information that is good however it could take some time for this information to update in the results. I would suggest you contact your rep for a better estimate of how long it will take.

But basically when a business changes their phone number or address you then need to let all websites that have the incorrect information know and then the results in searches will be changed.

Please let me know if there is something that you are not understanding or that I did not address.

Thank you,