Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

how do I fix errors on the event viewer

how do I fix errors on the event viewer
Hi, please provide the complete error message you are getting for the event viewer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I just went to the event viewer and found 1027 error on applications

To clear an event log 1. Open Event Viewer 2. In the console tree, click the log you want to clear. 3. On the Action menu, click Clear all Events. 4. Click Yes to save the log before clearing it. Click No to permanently discard the current event records and start recording new events. Note •To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer. •You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to clear an event log. •After you clear a log, only new events will appear in the log. •If you select Do not overwrite events (clear log manually) in the Properties dialog box of an active log, you must periodically clear the log either when the log reaches a certain size or when a message notifies you that the log is full. •You cannot clear archived logs; instead, delete the archived log file. Source: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/hc_save_log_message.mspx?mfr=true

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks very much