Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Hello there, How are you? I want to know how to fix a

Hello there,

How are you? I want to know how to fix a update.exe errors
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

let me know when you are ready.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

ready

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

you are using xp 32 bit or 64 bit

Customer:

hlod on let me check

Michelle :

sure

Customer:

32bit

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

since when are you facing this problem

Michelle :

did you made any changes to the computer added any hardware or software

Michelle :

or any update

Customer:

no just a system scan then chkdsk

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

do you have the windows xp disk handy?

Customer:

sure i have the reinstall disk

Michelle :

Correct

Michelle :

This error pops when there is an internal windows update file is corrupted on its has been interrupted during the update or an internal error

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

do you get any error code like

Michelle :

unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occured in the application at location 0x0108df23."

Customer:

I have not seen that error

Michelle :

when do you see the update.exe error

Customer:

just after I ran the system chk

Michelle :

during the windows startup or when you try to open any program or run the windows update

Customer:

yes

Customer:

can you tell me how to fix it?

Michelle :

yes i will now

Customer:

thanks

Michelle :

it has different fixes so i wanted to know all the pros and cons of the error

Michelle :

Click on the Start button>Run> type: sfc /scannow and hit enter.
Wait for it to check system files and if it asks for the XP CD, have it handy and put it inside the drive

Customer:

ok

Michelle :

This will take 15 to 20 mins and then let me know the status

Michelle :

Do not interrupt the scan while it works it may corrupt windows file which may lead to re installation of xp

Customer:

no it did not ask me for the disk

Michelle :

no problem

Michelle :

did it complete the scan and reboot the computer

Customer:

NO I HAVE NOT REBOOT YET

Customer:

but I did complete the scan

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

now you may reboot the computer

Customer:

ok

Customer:

hey im back

Michelle :

yes sir i see you

Michelle :

did the error went off

Customer:

no it did not show the error

Michelle :

try rebooting it one more time to make sure its gone

Customer:

ok

Michelle :

thanks

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below to complete the rating and end the chat. If you have any question or need more help please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Customer:

ok thanks

Michelle :

Thanks for using our techsupport service.

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors