Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Hello JA: I have a smartphone but I am not the smartest man

Hello JA: I have a smartphone but I am not the smartest man in the world. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I can work the phone pretty good but I am having a problem with the "apps screens or pages". They have akways changed positions on the home screen. I would like to keep the app pages consistent. How can I accomplish this?

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

You can put them the way you want them by pressing one and holding it down till it kind of flashes and goes a little gray and then move it where you want. They start out alphabetical but as you add them the list kind of moves because when you download it than it just goes to the first available space

There are also some apps that will organize your apps if you want to go that far

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.code.appsorganizer&hl=en

or you can put them in folders.

But for you it seems like if you just move the apps that you use once to the home screen by touching them for a second and dragging them over it should work out well enough for you