Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Its saying the top cover is open but its already close? I started

Its saying the top cover is open but its already close? I started to get toner on the side of the sheets when i running the jobs so whats calls that? Just the black its on the belt when open it up.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Please let me know the make and model no. of the printer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Xante ilumina 502 laser pinter

Model# XXXXX

Thanks.Now the problem you are facing is very common with all type of printers and it is caused due to defective or damaged sensor. Every printer works on the signal send by the various sensors present in different locations. The sensors help the printer to know the position of the cartridge, toner level, paper jam, door position etc and when the sensor do not work properly, it give out wrong signals to the main board and a false error message is shown on the PC or printer display. In your case, it seems the door sensor is not working anymore, it can be broken, loose, jammed or defective. Generally the door sensors are present near the hinges, it is a very simple job to replace the sensor for any experienced tech, but a tough job for any normal user. If you want to try to repair the printer at home, then I can help you to get a service manual, which will help you to dismantle the problem area, but before that you have to contact any local repair shop for the sensor switch, because the availability of the sensor is the main problem in your case.

I know, you may think this is not the answer you are expecting, but as this is a online support platform, I can only tell you what is wrong and what can be done to correct it,because it is not possible for me to repair any device through internet. Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise remember to rate my answer.