Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

How can I deactivate the setting controlling cells in Excel,

How can I deactivate the setting controlling cells in Excel, that automatically turns an email address that I type into a larger font, blue coloring, and makes it active so that when you click on that cell it opens a mail program?
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

You need to put a ' before the address

It wont show in the values, and only Excel uses it.

so for example, use

'email address

And it will not do the font change and hyperlinking.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard, Thank you for your answer regarding the font change and hyperlinking to an email address typed into Excell. It worked perfectly when I put the ' punctuation before the email address and I am very happy with your timely answer. Your resume is impressive.

I have two additional questions if you don't mind. I didn't mention when I first wrote to you that I am a registered subscription customer at I didn't log into my account before sending my first question, but it forwarded it to you anyway.

I am running Mac OSX10.4.11 on a G4Mac and have encountered failures lately with a couple of applications that used to work fine.

The first is Skype V., and the second is Firefox V.3.6.28 for Mac OSX. Skype is only giving me the audio without the video now, and Firefox occasionally won't open a web page that I access on the internet.

Are there newer versions of these two applications that will run under OSX 10.4 and perform better. I would really like to get my Skype capability back since I have two grown children, and some grand children, living very far away. When Firefox was inadequate, I could usually open the web page with Safari, so that is not as critical to me.

If they are available, how do I download them or otherwise gain acvcess to the newer versions?

Thank you,

Hi Gary,

No problem with the additional questions, but we must work on a question by question basis, this is the rules even if you are a subscription customer. This abides by the policy and ensures I am compensated.

If you are happy with this question being completed, please rate me accordingly.

You can then make your additional question on the link below and this will come to me.

Can you please do this and I will get right onto it.

Thank you