Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

camera SD card i erased all photos by mistake on my memory

camera SD card i erased all photos by mistake on my memory card , can you retrieve them ? free programs ? i saw on line there is few webs but you have to subscribe and download it cost anywhere from 40 to 80 box!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

Yes you can with a free program called Recuva

First you need to download some free software from here

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard

Now follow these steps and you will recover anything that is capable of being recovered.

1. Download and install the Recuva software.

2. Plug in your Camera to the computer or insert the SD card so the SD card appears as a drive eg: E:

3. Open Recuva and cancel out of the wizard.

4. Pull down the first drop box and select your SD card.

5. Pull down the second drop box and choose “pictures”.

6. Go into the options menu and select “Tree mode.”
(This will give you the option to select the entire card.)

7. Hit “Scan” and allow Recuva to discover your files.

8. If you do not need the entire card use the thumbnail view or list view.

9. Click “Recover.”

10. It will ask where you want to recover to.
(My suggestion is create a folder on your desktop and select that.)

11. Let it work and if its possible to retrieve the data, this program will do it.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

is it free ??

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Yes, as I mentioned, completely free.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Ok great am going to do it now will keep you posted

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Shawn
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Richard i was only able to recover some files ###. jpg

there is _MG_-####,JPG WAS NOT ABLE TO RECOVER , ALSO I TRIED BY USING VIDEO OPTION AND WAS NOT ABLE TO RECOVER ANY ,CAN YOU HELP ?

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
That's all sorry Shawn, any files that can be recovered, will be by this program.

The rest have been overwritten sorry and are not recoverable.

Sorry, but anything possible for recovery, this program will get them.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

this is the info on one of

these unrecoverable file

Filename: _MG_8006.JPG Path: F:\?

Size: 3.09 MB (3,241,184)

State: Excellent

Creation time: 4/18/2013 01:56

Last modification time: 4/18/2013 01:56

Last access time: 4/18/2013 00:00

Comment: No overwritten clusters detected.

198 cluster(s) allocated at offset 43210

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
ok, but if it is not able to recover them, it cannot piece the information to make the file Shawn.

If it can recover it, the program would have.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Ok thanks for your time

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Your welcome, and I am sorry more cannot be recovered Shawn,

but the program will get everything that is possible.

This I promise.

Let me know if you need anything else please.

Thanks

Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry