Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a Model DX735-D3201 Touch Screen all-in-one computer

I have a Model DX735-D3201 Touch Screen all-in-one computer and I do not have a manual but I have a print out sheet from Best Buy where it was purchased and it indicates that the system has a built in webcam and microphone. Since I do not have a manual to find out how the webcam works and how to get it to operate. Can you please help me out so I might use the system.Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 11 months ago.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer – My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Kamil Anwar :

Do you have skype installed on this system?

Customer:

I do not know what Skype is. I am an elderly person and do not understand a lot about computer.

Kamil Anwar :

No problem.

Kamil Anwar :

Kamil Anwar :

In this picture that i have sent you, i have pointed out by drawing a black rectangle where the camera is.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you identify if your monitor has this?

Kamil Anwar :

If this system has a webcam, then to use it you need to have a program where it can be used.

Kamil Anwar :

The webcam opens up automatically when you are doing a video call.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you Click Here and tell me if this page opens your webcam.

Customer:

Yes I have that on the computer

Kamil Anwar :

Great. Then it has a webcam, that's confirmed.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you now click on Click Here above and it should turn the camera on. Tell me if you see anything there at all

Kamil Anwar :

Please Click Here to see if webcam works.

Customer:

I can not tell if it works or not after seeing that page. What am I looking for?

Kamil Anwar :

It tells whether the webcam is turned on or not, when you visit the link.

Kamil Anwar :

It will either show you the image (the cam is currently seeing) OR say No Camera is Installed

Kamil Anwar :

You can also access the Camera by doing the following:

Kamil Anwar :

Use the "Camera App" on the Windows Start screen to access your webcam

Kamil Anwar :

If the Camera App cannot be located, it can be downloaded for free from Windows Store.

Kamil Anwar :

Enter "Camera" into the search criteria and install the App. After installing, look for the "Camera App" icon shown above.

Customer:

Where do I find the windows store?

Kamil Anwar :

If you click on the Windows key on your keyboard, it will open windows tiles.

Kamil Anwar :

Type store there

Kamil Anwar :

It will show the store tile, then click on the store tile and look for the Camera app

Customer:

I have clicked on the store label listed on the list and nothing happens.

Kamil Anwar :

type camera

Kamil Anwar :

on the left hand side, it should bring up a menu (with Camera) listed in it.

Kamil Anwar :

Kamil Anwar :

It should bring up the camera on the right hand side.

Kamil Anwar :

If it doesn't finds it, then click on the windows key on your keyboard again, then type camera

Kamil Anwar :

Once you see the camera icon, you have to click on it.

Kamil Anwar :

Kamil Anwar :

I will be stepping out for a while. Let me know if you find it. If not, then i will create a video for you to resolve this.

Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.