Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Have been subscribing to AOL for years, but feel the need to

Have been subscribing to AOL for years, but feel the need to move on
to another ISP. Is is possible for Google Chrome to access the Internet
directly WITHOUT having a "host" like AOL?

If this can be done, please advise the procedure in establishing the
account. Thanks... Milton Hollander
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Yes it is completely possible for Chrome or any other web browser to access the internet without AOL.

While a lot of people use AOL for internet access still, most people now are using Cable, DSL, or FIOS now of days for internet service.

I think you are misunderstanding a bit. No special type of account is needed to use google chrome.

For example if you leave AOL and get internet from your cable company, you simply open google chrome and it will be online.

Just in case you are still confused, Google is not an Internet Service Provider. You need to purchase your internet company like your cable company for example.

Chrome is just a web browser, a web browser is a program that allows you to view websites, it is independent of your internet service and will work as long as your computer has an internet connection.

So in short, you will need some kind of internet connection in order for chrome to work and providing internet is not a service google is offering at this time.

You do not need aol but you do need some other internet service provider.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.