Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My asus k55v gave me a media reboot screen and wanted to insert

My asus k55v gave me a media reboot screen and wanted to insert reboot cd, then we turned off computer and turned it back on while pushing f2 and now it won't turn on at all
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

Ready

Shefin :

Are you getting message says, No operating system found, insert boot disc?

Customer:

did get that message

Customer:

i don't know where the cd is. Just moved

Shefin :

It is not the CD.

Shefin :

It is the hard drive.

Shefin :

The computer is unable to detect the hard drive.

Shefin :

Please try the instructions below.

Shefin :
Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Customer:

ok. what now.

Shefin :
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Customer:

k

Shefin :

Have you done that?

Customer:

yes

Shefin :
Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY.
Shefin :

Then, turn it on.

Customer:

it is not turning on , but the lightbulb light is on. Screen is off. Power button lights up

Customer:

yes

Shefin :

Pres the power button.

Customer:

nothing happens

Shefin :

No display?

Customer:

no

Shefin :

Insert the battery and turn it on again.

Customer:

before I called you I turned on the computer while pressing f2 and then exited without changing anything . Since then no display

Shefin :

Insert the battery and try turning it on again.

Customer:

inserteddisplay inserted battery, made sound like it was going to turn on, yet hen still no display, didn't turn on

Shefin :

Is the computer in warranty?

Customer:

i think so, but not sure if its only in Canada . I am now in Israel

Shefin :

Are you able to open the computer case, remove and rseat the RAM sticks and hard drive?

Customer:

not yet. What else should I do?

Shefin :

Since the computer does not turn on, the issue might be with the Adapter too.

Shefin :

We will check it again.

Shefin :

Remove the Adapter and battery.

Customer:

ok will do

Shefin :

Let me know when you done that.

Customer:

done

Shefin :

Insert only the Adapter and let me know the response you are getting, before and after pressing the power button.

Customer:

did it.

Shefin :

Customer:

You are very patient thank you

Customer:

ok

Shefin :

You too.

Customer:

when I insert without pushing nothing happens..

Shefin :

No lights?

Customer:

when I push start three lights go on the light bulb,the wifi, battery and a lock with number 1 in it and a lock with an a inside then they turn off and the lightbulb and light on start key stay on

Customer:

lolon lol that was four lights

Shefin :

The battery is not inserted yet. Right?

Customer:

no

Shefin :

Do you hear the fan running?

Customer:

the fan clicks right when I push start up, then stops

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Remove the Adapter and insert the battery.

Shefin :

Check the response.

Customer:

same thing as with adapter

Customer:

I opened the back of computer now. Haven't touched anything..

Shefin :

First, remove the RAM sticks, clean the edges with soft paper and reseat it.

Customer:

can you call for same price?

Shefin :

I apologize that I cannot contact you by phone.

Customer:

k, nopro no prob

Customer:

howprob how do you remove ram?

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Shefin :

Do you see two small levers on the two sides of the RAM sticks?

Customer:

yes

Shefin :

Please move it to sides.

Shefin :

Please watch the video below.

Customer:

got them out

Customer:

what should I do now?

Shefin :

Clean the edges of the RAM sticks with soft paper and wait for two minutes.

Customer: Should I put them back now?
Shefin :

Yes.

Customer: ok. What now?
Shefin :

Insert it properly and close the computer case.

Shefin :

Try turning it on.

Customer: still nothing
Shefin :

If so, the issue might be with the RAM or motherboard itself

Customer: so, can you help me or does a technician physically have to work on it?
Shefin :

First, you have to check with another RAM sticks, and if the issue with new RAM sticks, you have to get the main board repaired or replaced.

Customer: ok. That's all you can help me with. Thanks anf
Customer: And bye
Shefin :

So, it is better to contact a local technician, check it with another RAM sticks and Adapter, and if the issue persists, please repair or replace the main board.

Shefin :
I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Shefin :
Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.
Shefin :

I have tried helping you as much I can.

Shefin :

Since the issue is related to the hardware, it needs hands on repair and I can only give right instructions.

Shefin :

Please do not rate me poor or bad.

Customer: Understood. Thank you for your help.
Shefin :

You are always welcome!

Shefin :

Please do not rate me poor or bad.

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.