Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

epson workforce 3520 unable to print wifi using access point.

Customer Question

epson workforce 3520 unable to print wifi using access point. getting channel conflict. dont have cd rom drive cant run cd to configure printer that way. set up via wizard on the printer pannel. able to pair up the printer and access point on laptop and thats it. priner ip 169.254.156.128 only able to print to it via usb cable ab;e to ping that ip address and getting 0% loss. please help
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
did not get answer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Given that you got an APIPA (or 169.x.x.x) IP address for the printer, I would say that the printer wasn't 'really connected'. 169.x.x.x or APIPA addresses are assigned by a device, characteristically, when they aren't really in touch with anything... or when they 'have' a network connection capability, at least theoretically, but don't get assigned a true IP address by DHCP on a router box, etc. So the device doesn't know what sort of network address it ought to have and defaults to APIPA.

So we need to go about setting up the computer to print to the printer a different way. Please tell me this information (of importance in this case) about your setup:

- in your Windows 8 computer's
Start - Control Panel - System Information - System
what is the 'System Type' listed there? it should be either 32-bit or 64-bit.

- do you have a router box? (or other networking box...) if so, of what maker and model #?

- do you have internet access, when using your Windows 8 computer? I would think so, but I want to be sure.

With that information, I ought to be able to give you accurate instructions as to what to do. Thanks.