IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I forgot my password XXXXX log into my computerhow can I find

Customer Question

I forgot my password XXXXX log into my computerhow can I find it so I can login
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Have you forgotten your Windows 7 user account password? If so, how many user accounts are there?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its only me. Im the main person but my kids wouldn't stay off so changed my password XXXXX administrator

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I see.

In that case, you will need to reset Windows 7 account password XXXXX that you can regain access to your computer. You can reset the Windows 7 password XXXXX using a special program called PC Login Now. It is free, but it requires you to use another computer with Internet connection where you can log on with no problems.

So, when you are on another computer, download PC Login Now from THIS LINK.

After you have downloaded it, run it and select a destination where you want to extract the ISO image (PCLoginNow_Full.iso). In order to use PC Login Now, you will need to burn extracted ISO image to a CD. Just use default burning software or you can use Free ISO Burner which you can download from THIS LINK.

So, burn the disc, insert it to your Windows 7 computer and then restart that computer. You will need to boot from that disc so make sure to select your CD/DVD drive as first boot device in BIOS settings. To enter BIOS, keep pressing F2 or Del/Delete key right after you have restarted a computer. You can set boot order in Boot tab in BIOS. When you have selected CD/DVD drive as your primary boot device, press F10 key to save changes and exit. Your computer will restart and automatically boot from a CD so PC Login Now will load instead of Windows 7.

Some computers allow you to temporary select boot device by pressing F12 or F10 key so you can try it once your computer is starting.

When you have successfully started PC Login Now from a CD, you will see this image:

graphic

There type 1 and press Enter. After that, wait until it loads PC Login Now files. When it is ready, you will see this screen:

graphic

There choose your current Windows 7 installation and follow the instructions you see. You will be able to make changes to any Windows 7 account including resetting its password.

When you are done, eject the disc, restart a computer and it will boot to Windows 7. When you click on your Windows account, it won't have a password XXXXX time!

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont have another computer I'm on my phone

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
In that case, I am afraid you won't be able to reset the password, other then re-installing Windows 7 or restoring from a factory image backup which will erase everything on the computer.

Please ask your friend or neighbor to use their computer so that you can download and burn the PC Login Now onto a CD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't no anyone with a computer they all use my computer. I dont even car if it goes back to factory one only had out for 5 months.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me check for some alternatives...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm 54 with very little knowledge of the computer please help me so I can log in again I pay my bills on this computer

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sure, but losing installed programs and private files is a last resort.

Please check if System Restore will help:

First, restart your computer and then keep pressing F8 button rapidly and you should see Advanced Boot Options menu which looks like this:

graphic

Once you see that menu, select Repair Your Computer option and press Enter. Wait a while and follow the on-screen instructions. You should get to the window that has several repair options, including System Restore:

graphic

Click on System Restore and follow the on-screen instructions where you can choose one restore point based on a date to revert system settings back to that date (when all didn't have a password XXXXX had an old password XXXXX you remember). Wait for the process to finish and it will automatically restart a computer. Hopefully, the problem will be gone. Don't worry about your personal files as they won't be affected by System Restore.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It went to system recovery options it won't let me log on as local user it wants password

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks for trying!

Since there are no other alternatives, you can either re-install Windows 7 using a Windows 7 installation disc or you can restore Windows 7 to a factory condition, like it was when you had purchased the computer.

If you would like to proceed with the factory reset, please tell me the make and model of your computer and I will provide you the instructions.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dell Optiplex GX620 Model # DCNE

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm. This is no good. Dell put an option to restore to factory defaults in the System Recovery Options - the one that asks you to type a password to continue. What an irony!

This is how it looks like:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please go there and leave password field empty for the selected user account and see if it let you log in. If not, type Administrator as user name and leave password field empty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It went to system recovery options it won't let me log on as local user

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry it didn't work.

Do you happen to have a Windows 7 disc?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Let me know,