IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

Have just replaced my laptop and it comes with Windows 8.

Have just replaced my laptop and it comes with Windows 8. Require the old Solitair game I had on Windows 7. Is this available please

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

The original games that were included in previous versions of Windows are no longer included in Windows 8. However, if you would like to play Solitaire, you can install Microsoft Solitaire Collection. It is a newer version of Solitaire.

You can download and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection by clicking on THIS LINK. After the installation, Microsoft Solitaire Collection will appear on the Start screen.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This no good to me and my friends. Will have to go to other computer software firms. Please return my deposit as answer no good

So you would like to play the old Solitaire game, not a newer version?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES !!!

I understand. Even though it is not supported by Windows 8, let me check what I can do about it...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may have found a way.

To confirm, you want to play this Solitaire? (see the picture below)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please

OK. I will post the results in about 20-30 minutes.

I just want to let you know that it will take a little longer that I expected. Once I finish, I will provide a download link where you can download old Solitaire.

Thanks for the patience!
OK, thanks for waiting!

Good news! I was successful in modifying 4 Windows 7 card games:
- FreeCell
- Hearts
- Solitaire
- SpiderSolitaire

They can be run successfully on Windows 8.

Please click on THIS LINK to download a file named Windows 7 Solitaire. When downloaded, run it and then click the Extract button. Within several seconds, the games will install on your Windows 8 computer.

To run them, please go to this location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games

You can open any folder and navigate there.

You can then create shortcut for each game and put it to desktop so that you can easily start your favorite card games - Solitaire.

Have fun!