Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY PLAYER YPG50 from 2011 I was looking

I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY PLAYER YPG50 from 2011

I was looking to see if it supported Greek language and inadvertantly swiped and got Korean or Mandarin language!!
Please can you tell me the correct sequence to get it back to UK (orUS!!) English.
many thanks
Obviously I can locate the blue tools icon but from there................
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 12 months ago.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer – My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer:

Hi

Kamil Anwar :

When you first bought this which language did it came with?

Customer:

English

Kamil Anwar :

Can you identify the settings icon?

Customer:

yes

Kamil Anwar :

Open Settings

Kamil Anwar :

Can you type in here what you see there?

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I think I have 'lost' you.

Kamil Anwar :

After opening Settings

Kamil Anwar :

If you can type what you see there with each icon, we should be able to identify which one is the language icon

Customer:

I have opened the settings and see the list of options but all is in???language chinese or something

Kamil Anwar :

Oh

Kamil Anwar :

Do they have icons?

Customer:

but I cant type ---what does the language icon look like---there is microphonehand, something that says TTS clock etc also an A which could be??

Kamil Anwar :

That will be too complicated. Let's just factory reset it.

Customer:

Alright I understand but what do I loose in the way of data--just so I know

Kamil Anwar :

Everything that's on it.

Kamil Anwar :

It will become as new as taken out of the box.

Kamil Anwar :

But we can try one more thing

Kamil Anwar :

Before we do that

Customer:

Doesnt anyone have one that can tell me its like the third option and then the second if you see what I mean

Kamil Anwar :

We will need to work using icons/images

Kamil Anwar :

From the Home Screen, Can you tap Applications

Customer:

ok iam soory to have bothered you i must try a bit more before loosung everything

Kamil Anwar :

That's not a problem.

Customer:

bye

Kamil Anwar :

We can give it one more try to get this resolved without deleting anything.

Customer:

oh yes?

Kamil Anwar :

Yes

Kamil Anwar :

You can atleast see the icons right?

Kamil Anwar :

ignore the words, we'll work through pictures.

Customer:

yes

Kamil Anwar :

Can you tap on the Applications icon

Kamil Anwar :

then Settings icon (should be a grey wheel type icon)

Customer:

yes

Customer:

yes and pressed it

Kamil Anwar :

Are you in settings now?

Customer:

yes

Kamil Anwar :

Does it still show icons in settings, or is it just the wordings now?

Customer:

the icons are there ok but which is the language one is the secret!!!

Kamil Anwar :

You have to count now

Customer:

yes

Kamil Anwar :

1. Wireless
2. Sound
3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8. Langauge

Kamil Anwar :

Sorry not 8. It's the 9th icon

Kamil Anwar :

that should be language

Kamil Anwar :

Found it?

Customer:

got it

Kamil Anwar :

Is it showing the languages?

Customer:

no it shows 3 options

Kamil Anwar :

try to open all 3 by 1 by 1

Customer:

You are a star and patient!!!!!

Customer:

Thank you!!!!

Kamil Anwar :

Please rate my answer if you are happy with my service so i can be credited for my time. Thank you so much.

Customer:

will do of course.

Customer:

Have a great day!!!

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks. You too.

Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.