Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Getting code 43 with problem code(NNN) NNN-NNNN on Nvidia GeForce

Getting code 43 with problem code(NNN) NNN-NNNN on Nvidia GeForce gtx280. When first installed used vista updated to windows 7 bit 32 about three years ago. Everything fine. Have updated drivers in the adapter still getting code problems.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am very sorry you have been running into this complication. Just to verify your Nvidia GeForce GTX280 is coming up with a code 43 correct? Is it also blue screening by chance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is blue screening and sometimes not always when I turn it on the monitor has "squiggly" lines.

Those squiggly lines concern me that's not a good thing. Usually code 39 is a malfunctioning driver.

Code 43 means a malfunctioning or defective device.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873(v=WS.10).aspx

That link is a reference. I'm sorry to say but if you are seeing squiggly lines coming from an Nvidia Graphics card and the correct drivers are installed it's not the computer causing the problem or software.

I believe you have already tried the resolution mentioned and it failed. Have you ever downloaded the software drivers from the NVidia site at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I downloaded the driver straight from them.

I see let me ask you this I don't know if you have ever tried physically removing that graphics card and then reseating it and seeing if that made a difference at all by chance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No we had the computer apart to make sure all the connections was still making did not try to reseat. Afraid I would break something or pull apart something else.

You would need to try removing it and reseating it once you have done so see if it does the same thing and comes up with the same code. If it does not and it still continues it would sadly mean you would be looking at a replacement Graphics card.