John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Hi, My lenovo ideapad z400 screen is blank after I tried

My lenovo ideapad z400 screen is blank after I tried to wake it up by pressing the space key on the keyboard. I've tried to power off and on and still the screen is completely blank. Please help.

Thanks

Ruth

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the laptop . I will try my best to help you

John :

Ma'am is this a Touch enabled laptop ?
When you press the power button does it shows the Lenovo start-up screen or just the blank screen?
Can you hear any beep sounds ?

Customer:

Thanks John,

Customer:

It's a touch enabled laptop. No start up screen when powered on just the blank screen. No beeping sound. Power button light stays on for few minutes then goes off.

John :

You are welcome Ma'am and thank you for the details
When press the power button can you hear the fan spinning sound from the laptop?

Customer:

No, just a light clicking sound with the keyboard light coming and then off after two seconds while the power button light still remains for a few minutes and then goes off.

John :

Please try the following

Turn off the laptop completely and disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for about 60 seconds. Releases the button do not insert the battery back now plug the adapter back and turn on the computer. See if there is any change and let me know the status

Customer:

Computer is off, AC adapter unpluged but can't locate the battery. Do I have unscrew the laptop?

John :

one moment let me see if i can find a image which shows the location of battery

John :

Yes it is inside the laptop.Is this laptop still under warranty ? Standard warranty period is 1year

Customer:

Yes still under warranty.

John :

In that case opening the cover will make the warranty invalid.so please press and hold the power button for 60 seconds without the power cable

John :

usually it works when the battery is removed but if we remove the cover like i said before the warranty will get invalid so please try the above and let me know the status

Customer:

Still nothing, but thanks so much for your help. I don' t want to risk removing the cover. Will try contact the seller for assistance. Once again much appreciated your time and help. Cheers

John :

You are welcome ma'am,I don't either want you to remove the cover because that will effect the warranty and if you get into serious trouble like motherboard issues in future then you need that warranty to replace it.You need to take it to the lenovo authorized service center to fix this

Customer:

Sure will do just that and your answer might come in handy in future so will keep that in mind as well. Thanks

John :

You can find the nearest Lenovo service center in Korea by contacting on this number(NNN) NNN-NNNN(Toll Free)

02-3483-2829 (Standard Charges Apply) 9AM - 6PM Monday - Friday
9AM - 1PM Saturday

United States THINK-branded products English 1-800-426-7378 24 hours/day

IDEA-branded English 1-877-4-Lenovo (1-877-453-6686) 24 hours a day

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it. If you feel the need to rate me negatively, please stop and let me know what else you need to know so that I can help you further.Have a Great God Blessed Day.

Customer:

Thanks

John :

You are welcome Ma'am
have a great God blessed day