Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.

dell inspiron n7110 will not power up after installing new

dell inspiron n7110 will not power up after installing new screen
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am very sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Just to verify your inquiry you have a dell inspiron n7110 and you have installed a new screen correct? You said the machine will not power up at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is correct

Ok so you turn the machine on and no power at all I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes nothing happens

OK first try this remove the battery from the machine all together and the power cord. Then plug the power cord in only. Turn the machine on and tell me if you get any action from it. Also why were you replacing the monitor if you don't mind me asking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing happened, computer fell on floor messed screen up

Oh I see, sounds like that's not the only damaged that has happened. Let me ask you this have you replaced or did any work to the motherboard at all? Because if it's not powering on that would be the next culprit I am sorry to say.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no replaced screen is all I have done

I see, I really hate adding to the problem but I have to be honest with you. Again I am so very sorry Louise but it does look like you have a malfunctioning board that was caused by impact if you would like I can locate you a replacement if you would like me to. I just feel so bad this has happened to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the computer would still power up after it was dropped but will not power up after screen was replaced

Then in that case it would mean either this component has malfunctioned or somehow became disconnected on impact:

Or the motherboard has malfunctioned and allowed a short time power up it really depends. I don't know how far your took the machine apart. Check for forgotten connectors. Also make sure the power button is connected as well. It looks like this: graphic