Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

How do I buy a computer for a person that lives in China and

How do I buy a computer for a person that lives in China and make sure it is the correct language, and voltage, etc.?

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

The easiest thing to do would be to order online from amazons china website.

If you do not read Chiniese you can use a web browser to translate the page to English for you.

If you do not have google chrome web browser go ahead and download and install that here:

Next in the chrome web browser go to which is the chinese version of amazon.

When you load the page in google chrome at the top of the screen a bar will appear allowing you to translate the page.

The laptops are located here

After you select a laptop you should be able to order as normal and have it shipped to her directly. These laptops will work in China which is why I thought this would be the easiest solution rather then shopping on American websites and shipping her an American laptop.

You could also buy a laptop from an American site and have it shipped to her. In order for her to use it you would need an adapter like this

Windows also has the ability to covert to chinese but that will be something she would need to do on her own. Here is a tutorial for doing this on windows 8 but it can be done in windows 7 as well. Most newer computers will come with windows 8.

If you need further help please let me know.