Sorry. I did that, but don't see the information in any of the three tabs.
I found it. It is 64 bit.
1) Launch Control Panel
2) Under "System and Security" click "Review your computer's status"
3) At the bottom of the following window click "Troubleshooting"
4) On th next window click "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows" under the "Programs" header. This will launch the "Program Compatibility" app.
5) Click "Next" and select the program "Canon IJ Network Scan Utility"
6) Click "Next" and then click "Troubleshoot program"
7) Check the box next to "This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now"
8) Click "Next" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
9) Click "Next" and click the "Start the program" (windows will ask you if you want to allow changes, hit yes.
10) On the following screen "Troubleshooting has completed. Is the problem fixed?" click "Yes, save the settings for this program"
11) Click close on the next window.
Now repeat the same steps for the program "MP Navigator EX 3.1".
Let me know if you get stuck, or run into any issues.
If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green submit button to rate the answer. We can still communicate after rating, as rating does not end the conversation.If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.Thanks! D.Sandlin
Under Program Compatibility I did not find the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility heading.
I ran and installed the driver. A new MX870 printer shows on my options, but it doesn't show the scan option.
Yes, the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility is there.
It lists two MX870's now, but the one checked as being used still doesn't show the scan function. The other MX870 still shows the scan function, but when I click on it, it still shows it needs the WIA driver.
It still doesn't show scan on the printer after deleting the old MX870.
Open Network by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Network.
Locate the scanner, right-click it, and then click Install.
Follow the instructions to finish adding the network scanner.
I right click on the scanner, but "install" is not one of the options that comes up.
If I right click the following options show. open, run as administrator, run as taskbar, pin to start menu, remove from this list, and properties. If I double left click a window comes up asking me if I want to allow the program to make changes to this computer. I previously clicked "yes" but they printer still didn't offer the scan function.
Right on both.
That would be appreciated.
Hey Dustin, did we lost the connection?