LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

Well, I dont know if you can help me or not but here it goes.

Well, I don't know if you can help me or not but here it goes. First of all I haven't got a problem with my laptop I would just like to upgrade the hardware if I can. I have an Asus G75VW BBK. It can produce 3d out to a 3d tv or monitor but not internally as the screen isn't 3d. I was wondering if I bought a 3d screen, 3d cable, 3d blue ray player. I talked to Asus and they said no and that I couldn't even send it to them and let them do it. Just seems conceivable that if the video card puts it out that it should be able to do it internally. What do ya think?

Thanks,
Courtney Gilbert Email:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  LKT replied 1 year ago.

LKT :

Hello

LKT :

It sounds like it will work if you buy a 3d capable tv and enable 3d mode on the laptop.

LKT :

Actually, there is this thread where people have confirmed it works, and well I do not see why it wouldn't

Customer:

I don't think you understand what I mean. I know I can if I use an external tv or monitor. I want to upgrade this computer to make it be able to produce 3d itself. I can buy the screen, internal cable, and 3d internal blueray player for it. I'm just wondering why I can't basically transform this model from a BBK to what is from Asus a model G75VW DS73 which is 3d.

LKT :

Oh, I see. That there is not a possibility because the connection from the motherboard to the monitor (that ribbon that connects the both) is not capable of putting out 3d

Customer:

Yes Sir I know but I can buy the cable off of ebay. Unless there is something different with the pin configuration that won't fit or if it's just because of the cable which I can buy

LKT :

That would not work as the connector is different on the motherboard that has internal 3d out.

Customer:

Ok, So your saying that the mother board is different also and I would have to change the motherboard too

LKT :

Yes, which is not something easily accomplished and you would be better suited actually buying the whole laptop because you need the motherboard and screen which pretty much is the laptop.

Customer:

Ok, Just a Truck driver with no room for all external stuff. Just would have liked to watch some 3d movies sometimes while waiting on loads.

LKT :

Ah, I see.

Customer:

Thanks for your help just thought I'ld try. Good job guy

LKT, IT Support
Experience: A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications