After checking that, download and install the latest Flash Player. You can get the latest Flash Player from here:
After getting to that page, clear the checkbox for the McAfee offer and click the yellow Download button. From there just follow the wizard.
Let me know if neither action fixes the latency/loading issue on YouTube. Thank you!
I barely use IE. I use Chrome. Any changes?
done, they both have the issue, by the way IE is version 10
After you remove McAfee, MSE (the built in Windows 8 antivirus) will automatically be activated so you will be protected.
Also, please do run the Windows Update just in case their is an embedded Flash Update for Windows 8. There hasn't been one in a bit but you might not have the latest embedded version. Keep me posted!
while iot removes mcafee, my pc came with windows defender Do i still need to download MSE?
unistalled. Shall I restart now or later?
Windows Defender for Windows 8 and Windows RT provides built-in protection against malware. You can't use Microsoft Security Essentials with Windows 8, but you don't need to — Windows Defender is already included and ready to go. But if you’re looking to protect a PC with an older version of Windows, you can use Microsoft Security Essentials to help guard against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It provides free* real-time protection for your home or small business PCs.
We will disconnect for a littl;e while. Please stay close by
restarted. problem remains
yes i did and installed 13 of them, did not check if any was a flash. but now no updates are needed
tried IE and chriome. None had it, only for FlashPlayer
scanning. In your opinion, the RAM and processor are good enough for running youtubes? How about the video card?
a bunch of wlaware was detected. before i close the browser and click next to delete them, why didn'rt mcafee did not detectem before?
it is asking me for an activation code that dont have. i did not inoput an email initially, so if that uis the way to get it, i will not get it now
1. Please download MBAM AntimalwareBytes from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware
2. Go thru the short installation wizard, accepting all the defaults.
3. At the end of the installation, make sure both checkboxes (one for updating and one for starting the program) are checked, but CLEAR the box for the Pro Trial.
4. The program will update and then start.
5. Choose Quick Scan and then click the Scan Now button.
6. The scan will take several minutes to complete.
7. When it is complete, click the Show Results button.
8. Make sure everything in the list is checked (it should be checked by default) and then click Fix Selected.
9. The threats will be removed from your computer.
10. Close the log file and reboot your computer.
Hitman did actually did its thing, but it said 'delete failed" in all case. i ran it again. this time, it showed most of what it showed before, but also said "no threats found" i ran it and again it said in all cases "delete failed" Any comments?
while i do that, will windows defender/MSE protect from viruses and trojans?
ran it, dleted some stuff, restarted, same problem at youtube
1. CLICK HERE to download the TDSSKiller application from Kapersky Antivirus.
2. Choose to Save the file to your desktop or downloads folder.
3. Once the download completes, extract the files either by using whatever extraction program is loaded on your computer or by double clicking the file and clicking on Extract All Files.
4. Once you have the files extracted, please double click the TDSSKiller icon.
5. On the first screen, click the Start Scan button.
6. Wait for the scan to complete. If it finds a threat please follow it's suggestion.
I will also opt out here so that other techs can review and assist. I am logging off for the evening so hopefully one of them can assist you further if the TDSSKiller doesn't work. Good luck Joe!
dont have password XXXXX hard connection now. Will try tiomorrow. How ever my other older laptop has no issues over this wifi. I guess i will return the pc