Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

I bought a new PC with windows 8 64 bits, Intel G2030 3.00

I bought a new PC with windows 8 64 bits, Intel G2030 3.00 ghz, 4gb ram. When I play youtube, videos are extremely slow, freeze all the time, and do not keep loading when paused. When i connect t my laptop to the same WIFI, the laptop being 1 or 2 years older, this doesn't happen.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

There are a couple of items to check here. The first is to make sure your Internet Explorer is updated completed. To do this:

1. Place your mouse in the lower right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charm bar.
  2. Click on the Settings icon, then click on Control Panel.
  3. In the Control Panel, change the view to Large Icons.
  4. Click on the Windows Update icon.
  5. Check for and install all updates. Internet Explorer 10 should be one of these updates unless it is already loaded.

After checking that, download and install the latest Flash Player. You can get the latest Flash Player from here:

After getting to that page, clear the checkbox for the McAfee offer and click the yellow Download button. From there just follow the wizard.

Let me know if neither action fixes the latency/loading issue on YouTube. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I barely use IE. I use Chrome. Any changes?

Same rule applies for the Flash Player. Use that link and download the latest version for Chrome and see if there is a difference.

If there isn't a difference please access YouTube using IE as a test. See if the behavior is the same or different. This will help us determine if the problem lies with the Chrome browser or somewhere else. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

done, they both have the issue, by the way IE is version 10

OK did the new computer come with any trial antivirus software, like Norton or Trend Micro? A lot of times the firewalls bundled with those products can interfere. Let me know if there is some trial software like that and we can try removing it and replacing it with MSE. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay let's try removing that as a test. Please do the following:

1. Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press the R key to open the Run window.
  2. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK. The Programs and Features window will open.
  3. Highlight the McAfee entry and click the Uninstall button.
  4. Complete the removal wizard and reboot if prompted.
  5. Test YouTube again.

After you remove McAfee, MSE (the built in Windows 8 antivirus) will automatically be activated so you will be protected.

Also, please do run the Windows Update just in case their is an embedded Flash Update for Windows 8. There hasn't been one in a bit but you might not have the latest embedded version. Keep me posted!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

while iot removes mcafee, my pc came with windows defender Do i still need to download MSE?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unistalled. Shall I restart now or later?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Got Windows 8 or Windows RT?

Windows Defender for Windows 8 and Windows RT provides built-in protection against malware. You can't use Microsoft Security Essentials with Windows 8, but you don't need to — Windows Defender is already included and ready to go. But if you’re looking to protect a PC with an older version of Windows, you can use Microsoft Security Essentials to help guard against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It provides free* real-time protection for your home or small business PCs.

No I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The MSE (Windows Defender; it's really all the same thing) will be activated right when you remove McAfee. There is nothing to download, I apologize.

And please restart first then test YouTube and let's see what's what!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We will disconnect for a littl;e while. Please stay close by

Certainly, I will be here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

restarted. problem remains

OK did you check on Windows Update to make sure there was not a Flash Update? Let me know if you need those instructions again...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i did and installed 13 of them, did not check if any was a flash. but now no updates are needed

OK there are just a couple more things to try. Could you please go to YouTube and start a video? While the video is playing right click it and see if you have an option for About HTML5. Or does it say About Adobe Flash Player?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried IE and chriome. None had it, only for FlashPlayer

OK so you are not in a beta test then. The only other thing I can think to try is a rootkit scan. Can you please do the following?

1. CLICK HERE to visit the download page for HitMan Pro.
  2. Once on the page, click the Hitman Pro 3.7 (64-bit) link. Choose to Save the download and then run it once the download completes.
  3. On the first screen, click Next.
  4. On the second screen, click No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer and then click Next.
  5. The scan will begin. When it finishes, let me know if it found anything before you proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

scanning. In your opinion, the RAM and processor are good enough for running youtubes? How about the video card?

Absolutely; YouTube playback issues are almost always software related. YouTube videos actually take very little in hardware resources...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a bunch of wlaware was detected. before i close the browser and click next to delete them, why didn'rt mcafee did not detectem before?

McAfee is terrible in my opinion (as is Norton, AVG, and pretty much every other antivirus package out there). I generally just use MSE (or Defender) and then supplement it with HitMan and/or MBAM Antimalwarebytes.

You should be able to click Next, and then activate the Free License for Hitman. It will last for 30 days and allow you to remove the malware.

When the computer comes back up check out YouTube and hopefully they will play. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is asking me for an activation code that dont have. i did not inoput an email initially, so if that uis the way to get it, i will not get it now

There is no option to activate the free license? If not, then you should download MBAM instead and run that. It isn't as good as Hitman but will hopefully do the trick:

1. Please download MBAM AntimalwareBytes from

2. Go thru the short installation wizard, accepting all the defaults.

3. At the end of the installation, make sure both checkboxes (one for updating and one for starting the program) are checked, but CLEAR the box for the Pro Trial.

4. The program will update and then start.

5. Choose Quick Scan and then click the Scan Now button.

6. The scan will take several minutes to complete.

7. When it is complete, click the Show Results button.

8. Make sure everything in the list is checked (it should be checked by default) and then click Fix Selected.

9. The threats will be removed from your computer.

10. Close the log file and reboot your computer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hitman did actually did its thing, but it said 'delete failed" in all case. i ran it again. this time, it showed most of what it showed before, but also said "no threats found" i ran it and again it said in all cases "delete failed" Any comments?

That is strange I have not seen 'Delete Failed' before, and I have used that program loads of times. Could you please try MBAM and let me know if that finds anything and if it has a better result?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

while i do that, will windows defender/MSE protect from viruses and trojans?

It will do a better job in my opinion than McAfee, etc. The problem right now is that the computer already seems to be infected. From now on it should do a better job.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ran it, dleted some stuff, restarted, same problem at youtube

OK one last thing to look and then I am afraid I will be out of ideas. Please run the TDSS Rootkit detector to see if it finds anything.

1. CLICK HERE to download the TDSSKiller application from Kapersky Antivirus.

2. Choose to Save the file to your desktop or downloads folder.

3. Once the download completes, extract the files either by using whatever extraction program is loaded on your computer or by double clicking the file and clicking on Extract All Files.

4. Once you have the files extracted, please double click the TDSSKiller icon.

5. On the first screen, click the Start Scan button.

6. Wait for the scan to complete. If it finds a threat please follow it's suggestion.

I will also opt out here so that other techs can review and assist. I am logging off for the evening so hopefully one of them can assist you further if the TDSSKiller doesn't work. Good luck Joe!

Erik B., Computer Support
Experience: MCSE, MCP

Can you connect this laptop via ethernet to the router, disable WiFi and then re-try?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dont have password XXXXX hard connection now. Will try tiomorrow. How ever my other older laptop has no issues over this wifi. I guess i will return the pc

No problem, let me know if you decide to continue with me. Thanks