Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am considering doing some business with UKhomebusiness or

I am considering doing some business with UKhomebusiness or ukhomebasebusiness.com.au, and would like to know if this is legitimate or a scam, I have to deposit money in their account or them to buy a license on my behalf. They say they trade through the lay exchange. Can you please help me.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer – My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Kamil Anwar :

I cannot access this site, do you know the correct address?

Customer:

www.ukhomebusiness.com.au

Kamil Anwar :

I will be glad to help you with this

Kamil Anwar :

I believe this is a scam

Customer:

what makes you say that

Kamil Anwar :

1. They say UKhomebusiness, but they do not have any registration details given on their website.

Kamil Anwar :

2. They seem to be present in UK/Australia but layexchange.co is registered in Colombia.

Customer:

I will go to their email and look up registration details on one of their forms.

Kamil Anwar :

3. Layexchange.co is using a colombian domain (.co) and the registrar of this domain does not have any details, instead a PO BOX address in Vanuatu, VU

Customer:

i have paid $500.00 for a trial, it is in thelayexchange.com

Kamil Anwar :

Have you got any returns yet?

Kamil Anwar :

http://thelayexchange.com/ (If it's handling financial transactions, why is there no footer explaining whether they are regulated or not)?

Kamil Anwar :

http://thelayexchange.com/ (Why are they not complying with security standards) ? There is no SSL

Kamil Anwar :

I am not getting any reliable information, except for company details (for ukhomebasebusiness.com.au)?

Kamil Anwar :

The website is poorly designed.

Customer:

you can go in and see the results, it says i have made $92.00, Pacific International gaming is also mentioned , they have put their ABN XXXXXXXXXXX in the contract.

Kamil Anwar :

How will they disburse the payment to you?

Customer:

apparently put it back on my credit card.

Kamil Anwar :

Why is lay exchange not using SSL?

Kamil Anwar :

It seems to be very new to be trusted in my opinion, plus the other data i have seen (personally, i do not feel that i should give my money) until i can completely verify.

Kamil Anwar :

Secondly, layexchange doesn't uses SSL which puts me in doubt.

Kamil Anwar :

The website says it has been designed by Webdesign by Edge Innovation Web Design - I cannot find any information on this company, instead a engineering company comes up by this name.

Kamil Anwar :

I cannot say they are 100% genuine, but i have my doubts alarming me to stay away.

Kamil Anwar :

If they are a new company, then i would wait until they develop themselves before i give my penny.

Kamil Anwar :

What do you think?

Customer:

they said they have been operating out in australia for a couple of years.

Kamil Anwar :

How did they contact you?

Customer:

They sent me an email to begin with, then they phoned me.

Kamil Anwar :

I would advise you to use companies that are known, presented and have been in the market for years.

Kamil Anwar :

Did you pay them by card or bank transfer?

Customer:

ok. thank you very much, I guess I wil see their true colours if I get my $500 back or not, the first one for the trial was card, but the next amount was to be a bank transfer

Kamil Anwar :

Good

Kamil Anwar :

If they do not give you $500 back, do a charge-back.

Kamil Anwar :

And if they do and you still wish to continue, start slowly until you make enough from them to not lose anything.

Customer:

what is a charge back

Kamil Anwar :

If you pay money by card/credit or debit card, then you can phone the bank to reverse the transaction and dispute it.

Kamil Anwar :

Also, if you can take a minute to rate my answer, that will be much appreciated.

Customer:

yes for sure, you have been most helpful

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks