arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified
50085326

I have an older Model MPE Player (PD-205) made by MyMusix.

I have an older Model MPE Player (PD-205) made by MyMusix. Two questions:1) Will a San Disk SDHC Card work in this player? and 2) I'm trying to download new songs to the Scan Disk and I cant find the device when connected to my PC using the USB Cable, My PC's Operating System is Windows Vista.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Wes
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible

arsufi2002 :

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

arsufi2002 :

This device should detect as a Removable storage device when connected to computer

Customer:

Hi Fiyaz,

arsufi2002 :

hi

arsufi2002 :

Does computer detect this device

arsufi2002 :

Besides you will get a display on player lcd "usb cable is connected"

Customer:

So when I click on the Computer what comes up is the line which shows the amount of space available in my hard drive and it also list DVD RW (E) and DVD Drive (F) but nothing about removable strorage device

Customer:

The Player does show the USB Cable connected to the Computer

arsufi2002 :

can you open Disk Management

arsufi2002 :

check how many disk it shows

Customer:

Would you know if the San Disk SDHC Card will work in this player? The old San Disk Card was an SD Card.

arsufi2002 :

It should work but on player manual it says it support sd and mmc cards

arsufi2002 :

sdhc cards are high capacity cards unlike sd s

arsufi2002 :

So personally saying it should work

arsufi2002 :

By the way, what's the capacity of card

arsufi2002 :

If capacity is high they may be a change of not working

Customer:

I just plugged in the Player using the USB Cable. I have McAfee Security System and a pop-up window asked me if wanted to scan the Removable Media Drive. It has not opo up with that message al day. Under the Computer it shows the Player as Removable Disk (G) when I clicked on it shows to install a disk which I already have installed SDHC 16 GB installed in Player so maybe it will not work on this Player.

arsufi2002 :

Now you said it. Computer detects your and it shows as Removable Device

arsufi2002 :

Now you said it. Computer detects your player as a removable device

arsufi2002 :

It is right, the player is not supporting that sdhc card

Customer:

It shows it as a Removable Device (G)

arsufi2002 :

since it is having high capacity

arsufi2002 :

So player is working fine. If you install a sd card it will work

arsufi2002 :

By the way, what happened to old sd card

Customer:

Ok, Player does not support the SDHC Card. Do you know if an SD Card can still be Purschased? I just bought the SDHC Card from Best Buy because they don't carry the SD Card. I don't have the Original SD Card. I know what it was because I have the Manual and that is what it listed.

arsufi2002 :

ok, please wait

arsufi2002 :

please find mmc cards from here

Customer:

Saved it. Thanks very much for your help.

arsufi2002 :

Hope you are satisfied with my answer. Please don't forget to press accept button and leave me good feedback

arsufi2002 :

Thanks and have a nice day!

arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified