Joshua C.
Joshua C., PC Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.
18519760

How to back Samsung Gal3 up to PC via Kies Air?

Joshua C. :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am going to assist you today

Joshua C. :

To use Kies Air you have to have the Kies software installed on your computer and the Kies Air software installed on your android device

Joshua C. :

The desktop software is downloadable at:

Joshua C. :

The Kies Air for your phone or android device is downloadable at:

Customer:

Have Kies Air on PC. Phone comes with Kies Air. Don't know how to use either.

Joshua C. :

The official Samsung Video showing Kies Desktop and Kies Air working and setup is online at:

Customer:

Phone says enter a certain URL in the browser to set up. Should I do that 1st or go to the video?

Joshua C. :

Watch the video first

Customer:

OK

Joshua C. :

And then use the interactive Kies tutorial at:

Joshua C. :

Which gives more detail on the backup process

Joshua C. :

The video shows setting up the connection between your desktop and android device

Joshua C. :

And you can bookmark the links if you need any of the steps in the future

Customer: OK. If seen the video and have PC and SG3 on same wifi. Will enter URL in browser. Stand by.
Customer: Phone can't seem to find Kies Air server even tho both on same Wi fi. Reloading Kies on phone.
Joshua C. :

If kies Air is not working you can use the Kies Desktop and connect the phone using a USB cable (that came with your phone) to transfer/backup data to your computer

Customer: Weird. All the photos are on kies even tho phone says it can't find kies server. But pix are in dropbox already. It's the pix associated w. CONTACTS that keep being stripped off. Have to make sure those are secure.
Customer: OK. They're here! Do you want to tackle the rest of this problem yourself o collect your five smileys and hand me ovr to a cell phone expert?
Joshua C. :

You would want to open a second question in the phone section so a new live chat question can be opened

Joshua C. :

I can request this question be moved to the cell phone area but it wouldn't keep the live chat

Customer: Cool. Just give me the ratings page and many thanks!
Joshua C. :

The android/phone section JustAnswer page is at