LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

I have lost my Dell 6000 Inspiron manual.Can you help me

Category: Computer
Expert:  LKT replied 1 year ago.

LKT :

Hello

LKT :

Did you need the manual for your computer?

LKT :

Could you tell me how you are locked out of your computer? Is it a windows password XXXXX have forgotten?

Customer:

I do not know.When I turn it on it says I need a password XXXXX my hard drive

Customer:

I lost my manual as well

LKT :

Oh I see. If a hdd password XXXXX been forgotten it cannot be recovered. Your only option is to either remember the password XXXXX replace the harddrive, which does not cost too much and your laptop will still function after that is done.

LKT :

There is one option to retrieve the password XXXXX you would have to call dell at 1-877-293-1197 they will ask for the serial number of your PC and they may have a default password XXXXX will work. Try this first.

Customer:

I have no idea what it is and I do not know how it happened.I stayed with my Mom 20 days at a rehab.She broke her hip.She is 99 yoa and when we came home and I went on my laptop.that's what I got

LKT :

Maybe you can ask anyone else in your house? This password XXXXX XXXXX manually.

Customer:

When I go to setup,it says that I have no HD

LKT :

Which setup?

Customer:

I thought it was set by the factory

LKT :

No, the hard drive password XXXXX XXXXX using the computers BIOS settings.

LKT :

And that is done by the user.

Customer:

system setup and I go to the security setup.

Customer:

To try to set the admin.password

LKT :

I see. So, if it see no hard drive, there are two possible problems, 1 is that your hard drive has gone bad, the other is that the password XXXXX XXXXX Both problem can be fixed by getting a new hard drive.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

my luck!

LKT :

IT happens to all of us! I just replaced my harddrive after it failed!

LKT :

Best of luck to you!

Customer:

Thank you.I guess I will have to do that.It is old

LKT :

You're welcome! Have a good day.

Customer:

you as well.You are so nice

LKT :

Thanks :)

Customer:

Have a good week end

LKT :

You too!

LKT, IT Support
Experience: A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications