Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

Hi I just upload files through google drive to send to a nominated

Customer Question

Hi I just upload files through google drive to send to a nominated person. They contain personal details. I am not sure if I accidently shared them or not. If I did who can see them and I do I lock them. HELP!! passport info, bank info etc!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hans Uebelhoer replied 1 year ago.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready to start.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hi lets do this quick to be sure that your not sharing anything you dont want to share

Hans Uebelhoer :

1. CLICK HERE

Hans Uebelhoer :

2. WHen the page opens sign in

Hans Uebelhoer :

3. Click on My Drive on the left

Hans Uebelhoer :

4. You will see a list of files in your drive

Hans Uebelhoer :

Let me know once you have your drive open with your list of files

Hans Uebelhoer :

5. ONce you have your drive open and you have clicked on "My Drive" on the left there will be a list of all files available in your drive

Hans Uebelhoer :

6. Put a check mark in each file you want to hide

Hans Uebelhoer :

7. Once you have checked everything click on the little button that has a person with a + sign to the right of it

Hans Uebelhoer :

8. When the pop up comes up you will see a section called "Who has access" Click Edit to the right

Hans Uebelhoer :

9. Finally modify who has access

Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience: Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello Suzanne, Do not worry I will help you with this. Follow my steps below

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hans Uebelhoer :

2. WHen the page opens sign in

3. Click on My Drive on the left

9. Finally modify who has access

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any trouble.

If not please make sure you rate my service today.

Regards
Hans U
Expert:  Baisil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.

The default visibility setting for uploaded files and folders is "Private". This is true even for Google Apps domains that may have selected a different default visibility setting.

If you’d like to change the visibility setting or share this file or folder with other people, you have a couple of options in Google Drive:

In the box indicating the progress of your upload, you’ll see a Share link next to each file name. Click this link to change the visibility setting of that file to "Anyone with the link" or "Public," or enter the email addresses of the people you’d like to share the file with.
In Google Drive, check the box next to the title of the file you'd like to share. From the More menu, select Share and then Sharing settings. From the sharing dialog box, you'll be able to change the visibility setting or share the file with other people.

Please don’t forget to click ACCEPT so i can be get paid for my work..

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.
Expert:  Baisil replied 1 year ago.
Hope that your issue is resolved.Kindlu update the status of the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------