Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.

When trying to participate in a webex I get the message "Broker

When trying to participate in a webex I get the message "Broker for Vista has stopped working". How do I fix this so I can participate in the Webex
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. Just to verify your inquiry you are in fact getting the Broker for Vista has stopped working error is this correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes

The problem is caused by a Microsoft patch that is preventing the Webex MSI being downloaded. You can resolve the issue by doing the following:

1. Go to your Webex homepage
2. Click on Support>Downloads from the left-navigation

3. Click on 'Meeting Center appliocation for Internet Explorer

Also just to verify the error have you tried rebooting your computer in safe mode by restarting and as soon as the computers logo is gone start pushing F8 to boot into safemode with networking and then see if it does the exact same thing before doing the above just to make sure.

Keep me updated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Have not tried the reboot in safe mode, but did go to the webex support area and downloaded the Mtg Ctr app. I think that worked because I was able to get to the screen of the online presentation (even though it had just finished) something I have not been able to do for quite a while.

Double check and make sure ok. Please let me know. I don't want to leave and then something is doing the same thing.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Problem is I do not have another Webex/conference call until next week, but being that I could get to the presentation screen and know about the support/download area I'm going to say it's okay.

Do I get another question? Or is it one question per?

Do you have any other questions for me today as of right now it looks like you only opened a subscription for one questions so far. However if you call 888-587-8220 They can make those adjustments to your account.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let my Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.

Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.