Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Hello, I am looking into buying a laptop for my son who

I am looking into buying a laptop for my son who is going away to college. I'm looking at the Asus Q400 a which has 8 gigabytes of RAM and the Asus Q 500 a which has six gigabytes of RAM.
Is six gigabytes of RAM sufficient for a college student , or should I spend a little bit more money and go to 8 gigabytes which would cost me about $ 139 more ( refurbished ).
$399.00 refurbished ( 6 gigabytes of RAM )
$439.00 refurbished ( 8 gigabytes of RAM)
OR ..$649.00 new ( 8 gigabytes of RAM)
I am surprised the higher model number has lower RAM and do I need to know anything about buying refurbished products in particular or should I stick to a new purchase?
thank you for help.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am going to compare both these models for you standby.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Besides the difference in memory maybe you know something more that .you can share with me.

Mostly I don't know what's sufficient for a college student and what's a good value.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank youvery much Charles..

OK I have looked at both machines. They both have great Processors the I7 is one of the best when it comes to speed and performance. I also they are both using windows 8 64 bit which is good. Keep in mind the q400 does not have a touch screen however the q500 does which is good to have in the windows 8 environment. As far as memory goes windows 8 is not a memory hog so even 6 GB would allow that machine to run perfectly it's the processor you need to worry about when it comes to speed. I would advise going with the Q500 because if needed more memory could always be added.Smile If it were me I would go with the Q500 has a lot to offer and them memory is perfect so no worries on speed at all 6 GB is very good especially if your running windows 8 64 bit on a machine.
If you have any further questions On these products, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let my Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. Refurbished is okay?y

Yes that is perfectly fine. You are very welcome and thank you for using our service. We appreciate you business.