Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

hi Tina back, 13290701-43 cant remember how you said to get

hi Tina back, 13290701-43 cant remember how you said to get back to our chat.

KamilAnwar :

Hi Tina

Are you still there?

KamilAnwar :

Are you getting my messages now?

Customer:

hi, here i am.

Customer:

problem stil here. unbel

KamilAnwar :

Very unusual

Customer:

just another question. wil i have to pay twice, as i tried to get back to you through the website? have given my details twice.

KamilAnwar :

You can ask JustAnswer to close the previous question and refund you. You will not need to pay twice.

Customer:

thank you. you have ben so patient. do you think we have tried al we can?

KamilAnwar :

I would really like to resolve this issue. You have been helpful in assistance as well. Do you still have time to work on this?

Customer:

yes, it's fine.

KamilAnwar :

The issue is clearly with the settings.

KamilAnwar :

I'll explain it to you, when you connect the other keyboard it works fine (because it has the correct settings). You saw two keyboards right, the PS2 one is the one that is built into the laptop which has the incorrect settings. The other one is the external keyboard which had the correct settings.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

the external one is not conected at the moment.

KamilAnwar :

Go to control panel again

KamilAnwar :

Click Ease of Access

KamilAnwar :

Click Change how your keyboard works

KamilAnwar :

Click Set up filter keys

KamilAnwar :

take screen shot, and send.

Customer:

i kep losing this page every time i try to open the control panel. how can i kep it open. it was no trouble before?

KamilAnwar :

I think you are mistakenly closing this page when attempting to open Control Panel

KamilAnwar :

press the windows sign on your keyboard then open control panel and when you want to switch back to this screen, press alt + tab then chose this Internet Explorer again.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

its teling me that to download postimage.org may be harmful to my computer. not taking me to their site?

KamilAnwar :

You do not need to download it, just upload the image.

KamilAnwar :

open it through this link

Customer:

http://s18.postimg.org/km8vdbp55/key4.png

Customer:

i think a few things have changed on the computer since the restore. its not going to my usual places and i have lost the strip on the botom of the page to get quickly to things i have open. like the control panel etc.

KamilAnwar :

It will rebuild it when you open those programmes frequently.

Customer:

ok

KamilAnwar :

We have tried almost all the methods now to resolve this issue. One last thing we can do is (uninstall both the keyboards) from the Device Manager and restart the system. Then recheck the ease of keyboard settings and if it still doesnt work - Then will need to get it fixed under warranty and you can tell them that you have tried these methods already.

KamilAnwar :

I can write down all the methods here which you can print out and take to the shop.

Customer:

ok, but didn't we do that already?

KamilAnwar :

We restored it so that old keyboard may have come back again.

Customer:

thank you. it wil be a help to have a print out of what you have done.

Customer:

o i se.

Customer:

You beter talk me through it again.

KamilAnwar :

Go to start -> control panel

KamilAnwar :

in the search, type device manager

KamilAnwar :

Open device manager -> click on keyboard -> right click on (uninstall hid) (when asks to restart select NO), then again right click on the PS2 keyboard (when asks to restart) select No Again. Then on the top, click on Actions and scan for hardware changes.

Customer:

ok hold on

Customer:

ok fingers crosed o-oh. no change. the scan for hardware brought back the HID, so that must be the one on the laptop. now if i press the keys a few times i get hesitation then a row of leters.....

Customer:

that may have hapened before but i did not try it.

KamilAnwar :

what exactly do you mean by this?

Customer:

i can pres one leter and again for a double, but if i pres the same leter again five times i get 9 of the same leter in a row.

KamilAnwar :

can you press A here 5 times and then press enter

Customer:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

KamilAnwar :

type what i am typing

KamilAnwar :

aaaaab

KamilAnwar :

111112

KamilAnwar :

and press enter

Customer:

aaaaaab

Customer:

111111111111112

Customer:

aaaaab

Customer:

111112

KamilAnwar :

are these letters repeating by itself?

KamilAnwar :

like when you pressed a (you pressed it 5 times) but it typed in 6 times.

Customer:

after the first one, then about 3 come together then a long line

KamilAnwar :

so has the issue of (not repeating) solved? the first issue where you attempted to type a letter twice, but it didnt work so you had to backspace and delete to retype it?

Customer:

no unfortunately, its only after a couple of strikes that the extras come

KamilAnwar :

I will write down a list of the methods we have already tried out

Customer:

thank you. you have ben a marvel. and i have learned a couple of new things like screnshots and alt+tab

KamilAnwar :

I am glad that i have been able to assist you with some tricks :) and sad that i have not been able to resolve the issue.

KamilAnwar :

Let me write down the things so you can print it out.

Customer:

col

KamilAnwar :

Issue:
The customer is having issues with the repeat charachters on the keyboard.

We have the correct (Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate). There is no issue with it - I have not assisted the customer remotely but from the screenshots provided, the settings seems to be correct.

Can you take a look at the BIOS settings for this system and re-ensure that the repeat rate and repeat delay settings are correct.

If the problem is still not fixed - I would recommend that you replace or fix the laptop under warranty.

Regards
KamilAnwar

KamilAnwar :

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question

Customer:

of course thanks again and goodbye. one more quick thing - how do i print your notes?

KamilAnwar :

Do you have a printer connected to this system?

Customer:

yes

KamilAnwar :

ok

KamilAnwar :

Just select the text that you need to print on this window, then once it's all highlighted, right click and select print

Customer:

thanks