Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

I have a thinkpad tablet 2 can the micro Sd card be used

I have a thinkpad tablet 2
can the micro Sd card be used to store data in a similar way to using a USB stick or is it only for photos
There seems to be 2 types of micro Sd card SDHC or SDXC.There also seem s to be different classes
If I can use it for data storage and photos which type is compatible with the tablet 2
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

The Thinkpad Tablet 2 will work with both SDHC and SDXC cards. The main difference between the two card types is that SDXC has a much higher capacity (up to 2TB vs. 32 GB for SDHC).

You can indeed store any type of data on SD cards. They are designed specifically for digital imaging (cameras, camcorders, etc.) but they can hold documents, music, pictures, etc.

I hope that answers your question but please let me know if you need clarification on any points. Thank you again!