Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

my ASUS S400CA turns itself off occasionally & randomly - seemingly

my ASUS S400CA turns itself off occasionally & randomly - seemingly no constant contributing factors and mostly several days between this self shutdown. All seems OK after restart. This shutdown has occured on both external & battery power
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question. I am very sorry this problem has happened to you. If you don't mind me asking does it completely shut down no power and can you turn it back on once it has done this instantly and all well be well until next time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes that is correct - turn it back on no apparent problems

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX any signs of heat meaning hot to the touch on the bottom side of it by chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

You either have one of these two problems. Either you have a malfunctioning battery which can cause this power problem or you have a malfunctioning motherboard. How long have you had this machine?

I know this isn't going to be the answer you want to hear, and it's not the answer I want to give. I am however highly obligated to be honest with you and do not want to give you false hope.

If you havn't had this machine that long you can have Asus replace the battery and repair the machine under warranty. However the other option is you can also contact asus and have them send a replacement battery. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9v1SOengZw

That is a video on how to open the bottom of the machine the black area is the battery. Either way this problem can be easily fixed.

I truly am very sorry about this I really am. Contact Asus for a replacement battery. If you havn't had it a year yet it can be replaced at no charge they can send you a replacement battery or you can exchange it if you haven't had it for more than 30 days you can do a simple exchange again It depends on what you would want to do and how you would like to proceed.

The number for Asus is 1300-278788 hours are 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri

Once again I am so sorry for what has happened.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.

Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.