John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

does google call to tell you you have a major virus? my girlfriend

does google call to tell you you have a major virus? my girlfriend got the call and is scared to death her computer will crash. also, they are requesting money.
thank you.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

John :

No sir google wont call you to mention that you have a virus in your PC.its a scam call

John :

She don't need to worry about it

Customer:

so she should do nothing. i think why she got so scared is they not only knew her name but also know her middle initial. who should this be reported to?

John :

Do not give the scam callers any sort of personal details,emails bank or card details etc.
Also do not give access to your PC

John :

let me check whether there is a a website to report such scams one moment please

Customer:

can i print this out for her to see?

John :

These are the websites where you can place a complaint/report :- http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

John :

you can copy this chat details to a notepad and print from that also there is a email from justanswer which opens this page,you can also use that to show her

Customer:

how much will i be charged for this as this is my first time?

Customer:

plus i am electronically challenged.

John :

The amount you deposited when you opened this question.which you can also see in the top right corner of this page

Customer:

i guess that's it for now. thanks for the help.

John :

You are welcome,

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it. If you feel the need to rate me negatively, please stop and let me know what else you need to know so that I can help you further.Have a Great God Blessed Day.

Customer:

do i need an e-mail address to get back to you as my friend is in church?

John :

i believe you gave an email address when you opened this question with us (justanswer).

Customer:

ok

John :

If you check your email which is registered with justanswer you can see a email which says i justanswered use that email to open this conversation to show your friend.i hope that helps

John :

Is there anything else you like to know ?

Customer:

not now.

Customer:

thanks and god bless you.

John :

You are welcome sir,Do not forget to rate my service.rating options are just below this chat box