Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

Ever since I hookerd up my Logitech Bluetooth mouse permanently,

Ever since I hookerd up my Logitech Bluetooth mouse permanently, bypassing the bluetooth function, I cannot add a Bluetooth device. They are discoverable but don't connect. I tried removing the Logitech mouse from Bluetooth, but the laptop and SB2 headphones still won't connect. I get an error message when I try the headphoes. Can my Bluetooth be fixed? I run Windows Vista on Parallels virtual machine using an imac.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the exact error message you receive?

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

ok, hang on while I generate it.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

A Bluetooth Audio Error Occured

There was an error connecting to your audio device. Make sure it is tunred on and in range. The audio portion of the program you were using may have to be restarted. Then there's a button below that says stop using headset.

The headset is beeping a double blue light every 2 seconds, which means it is paired, but not connected.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Can you tell me please the make and model of the headset?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It's a Jaybird SB2MB Sportband Bluetooth headphone

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I had the very same headphone about a year ago, and it worked fine. I returned it for another reason. That was before I got the Logitech mouse. That's why I think the problem is with the mouse.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, this error is coming from the Mac.

On the Mac side, do the following please.

Select the headphones in the Bluetooth menu under System Preferences and clicked the little drop-down menu beneath the list (next to the + and – buttons).

One of the options says “Configure this device…”, open that up.

A Bluetooth Headset Setup application opened, showing two checkboxes for the device: “Use device as a headset for this computer” and “Use device as headphones for this computer.”

Deselect the headset option, leaving only the headphones option selected.

Then tell me please if it is now working.

Thank you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

When I open BLuetooth preferences I don't see Configure this device. Would you like to log on?

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Yes please,

Go to Click Me

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123)

Thank you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

732-221-565

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
logged on
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

126-452-775

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Working on the Mac.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Windows also works.

Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I can't hook up with you... I tried. It switched to Andy. I didn't follow through.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Can you use this link to make the question?

It will then come diredt to me

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=6

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It won't let me set the urgency, and I can only afford $18 at this time. It would be the third $18 I spend in 24 hours on your site.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, I am not sure how payment works sorry.

I can only go from the policy that new questions need to be made for new requests.

Did you though look at the subscription? Sounds like this would be a lot cheaper for you?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Well, I would have to go though the one week free trial... and join for a month. I'm a little tired now, I'll recontact you...

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
No problem, and thank you

Have a nioce rest and see you when you return.