Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I can not get the First Step Guide to work on my computer.

I can not get the First Step Guide to work on my computer. I have Windows 7 professional and the disk will only work for Millennium and and Xp is there a newer version on the disk
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Which software do you need help with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Sony Handycam Picture Package. Ver 1.5.1 it is not compatible with my operating system

Thank you for the update Dennis.

You can install the updated software that will work with Windows 7 on the following site: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=DCRHC26&upd_id=6567&os_group_id=5

Essentially, you go to the bottom of that page, click the download link, and follow the instructions on each page.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to the site and downloaded PMB56_installer1108a.exe. I ran it and it told me to put in my current "picture Package" disk. It then informed me that "the program is blocked due to compatibility issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website.

etc., etc

Picture Package is incompatible with this version of windows. For more information contact Sony.

That was my original help question. Got any more info.

Thanks

Yes.

Open the cd folder, right click the installation application, choose properties, choose the Compatibility tab, enable compatibility, choose Windows XP SP3, click Ok. And then run the installation again.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's what I did the last time and it didn't work.

Thank you for the update.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=f6f66612-acea-461c-94ae-5756adf81bd0

Then on that page click the button that says, "Join Session".

The software is installed and working.

Than you for your time.