Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I have windows 8 installed on computer...downloaded Asherons

I have windows 8 installed on computer...downloaded Asheron's Call and then checked compatibility...says incompatible with windows plays fine but if I continue playing will it damage my played fine with windows xp and windows 2000 ..changed compatibility to windows xp but still said incompatible.

Hello Carol! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. This is a common issue with many programs/games not being compatible or fully compatible with the new Windows 8. But no, it will not harm your computer at all. If anything happens, it only affects the game program itself, not your computer, so don't worry, you can just play the game on windows 8 as it does not harm your computer.

If you have any further question, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just want to make sure because when I first got this computer loaded asheron's call and didnt know about the compatibility program and played it and next day when I tried to turn computer on the hard drive had crashed so is that just because it was a bad hard drive and not due to asherons call?

Yes, it was just a bad hard drive. Please do not worry as any program / game cannot damage hardware. Thank you