Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

For Chris Shores only. Hi Chris, I inspected the capacitors

For Chris Shores only. Hi Chris, I inspected the capacitors on my mother board and they were fine, so I found another video card from a used DELL Optiplex 745 and I installed it. When I put the computer back together again and turned it on, it was installing a driver, except this driver was not installed correctly. When I install another video card, do I have to install the correct driver. I am on the internet with the desktop right now, so I don't know what to do. Any help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello ,

Yes it needs to be the correct driver for the card, they are all different. Do you know the make and model of video card?

If you can let me know I can see if I can find the proper driver and we can try it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A103100077061

HD 4350 512M DDR 2 PCI-E HDMI/DVI-I/VGA

I don't know what number you are looking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Try this one, click the link and then click the blue download file link

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/driverdetails?driverid=PPW07

Then install and see if it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Installation was complete. My question is How do I know if it works. I have been on this desktop for about 15 minutes with no problem, even before I installed this driver.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Test it out, just use the computer and see what happens.

Maybe a couple of hours, and also check it tomorrow.

If it keeps working it was that old video card as I had thought.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a bunch! I will. I also installed two more ram sticks. How do I know if my computer has more memory?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Click Start and right click computer and choose properties

You will see how much RAM it has or at least thinks it has.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

4.00 GB. Thanks for all of your help Chris. I couldn't have done it without you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
No problem!

Always happy to help you, I am hoping this new card does the trick!

Let me know.
Thanks,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will. Good Night.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, sorry if I was replying short, I was on a remote with someone else.

Very proud of you that you were able to get a new card in there and upgrade the ram. Freat job. I am hopeful that the issue doesn't happen again.

Keep an eye on it the next couple of days and we will see what happens and go from there. The problem with the last card was it almost seemed like the computer itself would not detect that the card was there and keep wanting to install the driver over and over which is why I though it had failed.

Have a good night.
-Chris

Chris L., Support Specialist