Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I can not burn my itunes on a cd in windows7

Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question. Can you please describe what you've done so far to burn the CD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello

Hello.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ru there

I am here. I am waiting for you to tell me what you have done so far to try to burn the CD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been with itunes to make sure the songs are downloaded on my computer.

OK, Kim. If you have the songs in iTunes, then you need to follow these steps to burn the songs to a CD that can be played on a regular CD player.

1. Open iTunes for Windows.
  2. From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click the Burning tab.
  4. Select "Audio CD" as the disc format.

5. To have iTunes adjust the volume of the songs so they all play at the same level, click the checkbox labeled "Use Sound Check". This can be useful if your playlist has songs from different albums.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Select the playlist you want to burn to the CD. You can only burn a CD from the songs in a playlist.
  8. Click the Burn Disc button, as shown here.
  9. Insert a blank CD-R disc and click Burn Disc again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I open ITunes in start-Windows 7, there is no Edit or Preferences

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Response, please

Can you please go to help and then about to see what version of itunes you have?
If you have 10 or later, please follow these instructions instead - step 3 is the actual burning of the disk.:
  1. Select or create a playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD; make sure the songs you want to include have a checkmark beside them.

2. Insert a blank disc.

3. Choose File > “Burn Playlist to Disc.”

If “Burn Playlist to Disc” doesn’t appear in the menu, it means that the playlist you selected can’t be burned to a CD because it contains items with usage restrictions.

4. Select Audio CD as the Disc Format.

5. Choose your options:

• To change the CD recording speed, choose an option from the Preferred Speed pop-up menu.

• To change the length of the silence between songs, choose an option from the Gap Between Songs pop-up menu.

• To have all the songs on the CD play at the same volume, select Use Sound Check.

• To include information that CD players in some vehicles can display, select Include CD Text.

6. Click Burn.

If the playlist contains more songs than will fit on the CD, iTunes burns only the number of songs that fit on one disc, and then asks you to insert another disc to continue burning the remaining songs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, am I creating a playlist in itunes or on my computer. I do not see an option in either to create a playlist

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Kim, you have to create the playlist in iTunes to burn it.

In order to do that, you will probably be creating a "standard Playlist" You can see the playlists and how to create them here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH1650?viewlocale=en_US
Experience: 20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OMG, Michael, u gave me enough info to make it finally work after hours of stressing for my friends bridal shower. FYI. the problem first was that ITunes was not downloading correctly on my computer. ITunes fixed that. your help was I figured out I had to press the ALT key, to get FILE and then create the playlist. Without the ALT key, I could not find how to create the playlist without having the search barfwithin ITunes.Thank you