Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

new clean install of Windows 7 (HDD failure) on a Sony Vaio

new clean install of Windows 7 (HDD failure) on a Sony Vaio VGC-LS1 (old but good for the kitchen). Had two drivers not working (multimedia controller and card controller). Downloaded all patches from Sony site (Vista patches). all seemed to work well but then I downloaded and installed the USB patch - then my magicjack (USB installed) stopped working as did my DVD RAM drive. Both have yellow triangles in the device driver listing.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=9b40f5db-26f8-4625-b990-5da31a257784

Then on that page click the button that says, "Join Session".

Thank you.

All is working now.