James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
24111805

my computer is spaming

my computer is spaming
Hi, my name is James.

Can you please tell me a bit more about what's going on?

I'll do my best to help.

J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am receiving 100 mail a day saying "undelivery email" surch as this one

it looks like my above business email address is sending spams "[email protected]"

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Sent: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 06:50:20 +0100

Subject: Unrivaled biotic tabs ameliorating sexual health. Unleash yourself tonight!

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected]

Error Type: SMTP

Remote server (54.245.246.71) issued an error.

hMailServer sent: MAIL FROM:<[email protected]>

Remote server replied: 550 5.7.1 Your email address has been blocked due to complaints. See http://endsp.am/12yWWds

[email protected]

Error Type: SMTP

Remote

Please tell me the following:

1. Who is your email provider?
2. Are you still able to access your email account using your current password?
3. Go into your sent items folder - do you see those emails that were sent out (emails that you didn't send)?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

provider is: mysitehosted.com

i am using outlook and i still have access to my email

when looking in my sent email I can see only the email I have sent

Thank you.
Based on the information you provided, It is unlikely that someone hacked into your account, or that your computer is actually sending spam.
What really happened is that a spammer used your email address in his spam software, and it sent out emails (spams) with your email as the "FROM" address. Spammers often use this technique to circumvent anti-spam software. Since they didn't really get into your account, but rather "borrowed" your address, we have no control over this. The good news is that their spam software goes through email addresses quickly, so you can expect this to stop within a week or so.

The error messages you are getting are because their spam software is sending emails to (among others) discontinued, terminated or erronous addresses. Your email address is faked as the "sender", so the NDRs (None Delivery Reports) are sent to you.

This also explains why AVG found nothing - there is nothing wrong with your computer. It is simply some guy in (usually) eastern Europe temporarily using your address as the sender.

Again - there is nothing to worry about, this happens to many people, and will stop on its own.

I hope this makes sense

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you but it is polluting my work and i may miss out some good email in the middle of this crap..also i am affraid that some internet provider identify my adress as a spammer and stop accepting my email and therefore my business will go down?

Non-delivery reports are "special", no provier will flag you for getting them, and there is no chance your email will be shut down or hampered in any way.

As for the pullution, I agree it is annoying!

If you are using Outlook, you can simply create a rule for auto-deleting messages with the subject "Undeliverable".

My concern is that you may miss out on NDRs for emails you DID send, so I don't know if you want to to this.

This issue will resolve itself within a few days, though I agree it is very frustrating!

I hope this helps!

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

one more question

my staff are using this email all the time;

could this come from illegal website they have been visiting or answering wrong email they received?

No - that's not possible, however this is exactly how your email gets to spammers.
It happens when people are not careful with their email addresses, and use them to register at dubious sites.
Spammers use such sites to create massive lists of emails, and then use those emails in their spam activities.

Many thanks,

James.