Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

how do you reset your username and password, our computer is

how do you reset your username and password, our computer is locked and we can't remember the user name and password?? Help.

Dan :

Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. Are you the only that logs into this computer using this user name?

Customer:

yes

Dan :

Do you have the Windows XP installation CD?

Customer:

no, I can't find it..

Customer:

it was a 2002 Windows XP version

Dan :

So when you press ctrl+alt+del, what is in the username box?

Customer:

so, I just got in by restarting in safe mode, guess I answered my own question. sorry for taking your time.

Dan :

Okay. That doesn't sound like a password XXXXX?

Customer:

I don't think it was... I believe my account was locked and I didn't know the username nor the password. I was able to restart in safe mode to access the administrator account and change my information, not sure what the true problem was but now I was able to get in.

Dan :

Okay, as long as you were able to get in that is the main thing. You might want to consider making a password XXXXX disc just in case this ever happens again.

Customer:

I will. thank you.

Dan :

Have a good night and please come back and see us if you ever need further assistance.

Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Western Oregon University
Full Size Image
Wikipedia: Western Oregon University (WOU) is a public liberal arts college located in Monmouth, Oregon, United States.