RobertFR
RobertFR, Computer Repairer
Experience:  I have worked in IT Quality Engineering for 20+ years and build and fix computers (desktops/laptops) in my spare time.
74928013

find my original user name and original email

can you help me find my origianl user name and original email address. I'm 83 and can't possibly remember back years ago when I rec'd Family Tree as a gift.

Where is my answer?  If you can't find it, how do I get my money back?

Category: Computer
Expert:  RobertFR replied 1 year ago.

RobertFR :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question. I am in the USA, east coast, but I will adjust my online time to your convenience.

RobertFR :

Is the exact name of the software "Family Tree" or "Family Tree Maker"?

Customer:

what do I do now?

Customer:

family tree maker

Customer:

are you still there

Customer:

hello

RobertFR :

yes, I found a number you can call for current support help. Or I can call them and explain your situation

RobertFR :

to see if they can help you.

Customer:

you call please and if they can help, give me their phone number.

RobertFR :

Do you think it was less than 10 years ago that you received it?

Customer:

no, probably before that

RobertFR :

ok. Is there anything that tells you what the version of the software is?

Customer:

I don't want a monthly charge of 38 dollars. I assume I will only pay that amount once for this visit. Please advise before we disconnect from each other. What do you mean by version of the software. I havea disc that says Installation Program and Family Finder Index., Volume 1: A-K

Customer:

the version on the disck says Version 4.0

Customer:

sorry about typos

Customer:

around the disc in small print is the following"

RobertFR :

ok, I just called the support number and they can help you.

RobertFR :

They said they should be able to track it down by your real name, not your username, if you definitely have an account.

Customer:

so what do I so now. How do I reach them?

RobertFR :

The number is XXXXX

Customer:

you are great. I will contact them. Can you adv ise me if I am able to just pay for this visit or do I get stuck with a monthly fee?

RobertFR :

It will say Ancestry.com, but you would press 2 and then 1 to get to a representative that can help you.

RobertFR :

They were very nice and should be able to find the information you need.

Customer:

how will I be billed for our visit today

RobertFR :

I am not sure about how the fees work for this service. I think you can just pay for this visit. Is there anything else you need?

Customer:

thanks a lot. You have been very helpful and get an excellent from me.

RobertFR :

I think you deposit is all you pay unless you signed up for a subscription.

Customer:

goodbye

RobertFR, Computer Repairer
Experience: I have worked in IT Quality Engineering for 20+ years and build and fix computers (desktops/laptops) in my spare time.
Expert:  RobertFR replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  RobertFR replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to use the Family Tree Maker software. Need help with anything else?
Expert:  RobertFR replied 1 year ago.
If you need to get back to me in the future, you can bookmark this page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-robertfr/

and type your question in the box on the left.

Thanks.