Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

For Chris Shores only

For Chris Shores only
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so.

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=21f1ed5f-e9f4-4d0b-af3c-ef50f345adfa

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am I doing this on my desktop or my laptop?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
On the computer we will be working on, it is the laptop correct, your wifes computer?

Just connect on whichever one has the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it's her desktop computer which keeps on going blank and then I have to eventually shut it down. I am using my laptop to talk to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I do it in safe mode with networking?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok you will need to do this on her computer.

If the screen keep going black you need to boot into safe mode with networking.

Restart her computer and keep tapping the F8 key on the keyboard before windows starts, next choose safe mode with networking and the screen will look a bit funny but will not go black.

Return here on that computer and click the link to connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm in normal right now

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok Please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is still trying to join your session

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Remember you need to allow the download to run, or else it will not connect.

Look for something that says it is being blocked or asking your permission to run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just blacked out. running it in safe mode with networking

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok in safe mode with networking try again

If it does not connect hold down CTRL and press the letter J to open the downloads window. Doubleclick the file called elsinore to run the connection program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am even having trouble opening it in safe mode with networking

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
How so?

Are you unable to get to the menu? You need to keep tapping F8 as soon as it starts, well before you see the windows screen.

If you can get the connection to run in regular mode I can get it into safe mode on my end.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm joined with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The screen looks really weird

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is because we are in safe mode, can you see my chat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nope

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are all these arrows and and blocks of info. it is all scrambled

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should I manually shut down? Can't see a thing.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok , I am connected and can see teh screen, I am working on it, you may see teh computer reboot, stand by
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Screen is black, but computer is still running

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
I am working on it dont worry, it will reboot soon.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
can you see the screen now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yea, but it is all scrambled

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, does this computer only have 1 monitor connected to it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am in the process of reinstalling your video card, I may need to reboot a few times, so just stand by and enter your password XXXXX asked.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

got it

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Is it booting up now?, I am waiting to reconnect after restart
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Your video card drivers you had installed were not working correctly.

I uninstalled the driver and re-installed the proper one which should fix the issue. Test it out for a bit and make sure. If it starts crashing again I will remote back in.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you so much for all of your help. I first noticed a problem when it would take forever and a day for it to shut down and then I would have to manually shut it down and then it would say the computer was not shut down correctly.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
It must have some how installed the video driver wrong, it could have been due to that issue though.

Let's see but I think it will be ok now.
-Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist