Maggie P
Maggie P, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  30+yrs computer experience, HNC Computing, Microsoft Certified Professional, CompTia A+, ASAP, UNITE
17900009

Cannot display my Administrator User Account. I change my

Cannot display my Administrator User Account. I change my user account to General from Adminstrator. I added the Administrator Password XXXXX Setup (F2), but how do I display all user accounts?

Ted Giffin

Maggie P :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the expert who will be helping with your Administrator account issues.

Which Operating System do you have?

Customer:

Win 7

Maggie P :

Thank you. Is your original account still showing but not an administrator any longer or has it vanished totally? How many accounts are still on the computer? Are any of them admin accounts?

Customer:

Yes, my account was administrator from the beginning. Two day ago I change it to a “Standard User"and it still shows. I have noticed that on some programs (like McAfee) there are "Everyone", System", "Administrators (Giffin-PCmobile\Administrators)" and Users (Giffin-PCmobile\Users)".

Maggie P :

OK thank you. First of all please bookmark this page so you can return easily via your Favorites menu. Then use System Restore to go back to a date before you made the change. This should restore your account as administrator. Come back here and let me know if you now have administrator privileges.

Maggie P :

The accounts you mention from McAfee are built in accounts and user groups and would not show up on the welcome screen.

Customer:

OK

Maggie P :

It would appear that system restore is taking quite a long time. I am stepping away from the computer on a short break but will be notified when you reply and get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer:

Since I am no longer an administrator, I cannot do restore.

Customer:

Now my computer is in a shop being repaired. Thanks