Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I accidently removed my monitor driver and now my monitor only

I accidently removed my monitor driver and now my monitor only has 800x600 resolution and only limited colors. How do I find and install the correct driver?
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Could you let me know the make and model of your computer, please? Also, are you using Windows XP, Vista, or 7?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My computer is an older ASUS desktop PC running Windows XP

I see; could you let me know if you can find the model number for the ASUS PC, e.g. ET1000, by any chance? Thank you.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found the original booklet that came with the computer. It is a 2005 ASUS Vintage-PE1.

Okay; perfect, thank you for the information. Now, please click on the following remote session link:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=3c80a3ba-880e-4036-a0bd-f9a579eb7198

Please agree to the disclaimer on the page, and RUN the application when prompted - and I'll remote in to your computer, and install the display driver for you accordingly.

Regards
Hi, we seem to be having some issues with connecting to the remote session, so lets continue here for now.

Now, please go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. In the window that opens up, click on 'Restore my computer to an earlier time', then click Next.

Now, select a restore point dated BEFORE you removed the video/display driver from your computer (the earlier the restore point, the better).

Click Next > Finish. The restore operation will now proceed - after which the computer will restart automatically.

This should roll back the issue you are having. Do keep me posted. Thank you!

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Got dialog box with message: C2C_service.exe
"The instruction at 0x00000000 reference memory at 0x00000000 could not be read.
Hmm, not an issue. Did the system restore window come up, regardless of the error?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Okay; please carry out the system restore now, as directed - and check if it resolves the display issue all right. Do keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Message: Restoration Incomplete
Computer cannot be restored to July 10 2013
Software Distribution Service 3.0
I see; your security program is blocking the system restore from getting completed, so let's carry out the system restore once again, this time in Safe Mode.

Now, please restart your computer, then tap down the F8 key repeatedly at bootup until the Advanced Options screen comes up. Select 'Safe Mode', then press ENTER twice to boot into Windows in that mode.

Login to your user account, when prompted - then carry out the system restore back to the same date, once again this way.

Restart normally thereafter; do keep me posted. Thanks!

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am running out of time. Must stop in 15 min.
This entire process will take less than 10 minutes; I'll reply to you immediately the next time. Please let me know how it goes. :)

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In safe mode and System Restore seems to be proceeding normally
Okay; great - it should just take a few minutes to complete. Do keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can I contact you as I won't be able to stay until completion. Only 50% now
The rest of the process won't take as long as it's showing; however, if you do need to leave prior to the restore completing, you may just get back to me later on through your emails received from JustAnswer. Alternately, you may just add this page to your Favorites (Ctrl + D) for now. Thanks!

Regards