Marco
Marco, IT Consultant
Experience:  10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.
72952988

I got the new gmail, without any say in whether I wanted the

I got the new gmail, without any say in whether I wanted the change or not. I definitely don't want this new gmail sorting system, and want to go back to way gmail has been operating. My computer is on MSN.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Marco replied 1 year ago.

businesslegions :

Hi there,

businesslegions :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

businesslegions :

PLEASE NOTE: If this chat is idle for 5 minutes (no messages received by either party) it times out. If you do login to this chat and it appears I'm offline, please leave me a message here and I'll connect as soon as I can.

businesslegions :

Can you please explain how was your gmail setup previously?

Customer:

It was gmails standaard system,up til today. It came in with the senders name first,then subject. After I clicked on the subject, the entire messaage would open.Mail was sorted by reception date.

businesslegions :

do you see a wheel at the top right hand corner?

Customer:

Corner of what? There is a wheel just below the red x that closes the program I might have been running.

businesslegions :

yes press on that

businesslegions :

what options do you get

Customer:

I get a "print""file" "zoom" "safety" View downloads"" etc. Is that correct?

businesslegions :

no

businesslegions :

there should be another wheel

businesslegions :

just below your profile picture

businesslegions :

when you click on that wheel

Full Size Image

businesslegions :

there's a picture

Customer:

As I look at my screen right now, there is no other wheel. Let me add, I've been on gmail for a couple of years; tonight I turned it on, and here's an entirely new way of organizing my incoming mail, and I don't like it.

businesslegions :

these are the new features that google has rolled out

businesslegions :

are you using IE browser?

Customer:

yes

businesslegions :

ok do you have chrome installed?

businesslegions :

chrome is another type of browser made by google

Customer:

no

businesslegions :

<click here>

businesslegions :

and click on download

Customer:

Will I be able to re-work that new gmail, or am I just giving google an opportunity to continue messing with my computer?

businesslegions :

yes there are several options you can change

Customer:

ok let me click onto chrome

businesslegions :

let me know when you've logged in

Customer:

ok. I'm logged in

businesslegions :

do you see the wheel

Customer:

On my gmail site?

businesslegions :

yes

businesslegions :

on the top right

businesslegions :

do you see + Share

businesslegions :

and below it there is a wheel

Customer:

hold on

businesslegions :

ok no problems

Customer:

I tried togoto gmail,and the screen says I'll close our session if I do. Help! By the way, I'm an 80-year old man, so I'm slow.

businesslegions :

do you see the chrome icon

businesslegions :

it's red green and yellow

Customer:

Evidently, we've been logged odd; I'll try my gmail, and get back to you tomorrow. I have your name, Marco, and your email address t business legions, and if I'm stilllost, I'll try to contact you then. Thanks for all your effort and time. Your site won't let me rate you until we're finihed, but I'll be glad togive you at least a 3.

businesslegions :

no problems

Marco, IT Consultant
Experience: 10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.