Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Your problem meets my passion. A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
20422294

How can I print a list of emails Ive received that I have

How can I print a list of emails I've received that I have moved to an employment folder. I just need to print the list of emails NOT the email contents. I've saved all the emails I receive when I apply for jobs and I need a list of these to take to the unemployment office tomorrow to show them where I've looked for work. I've tried copy and paste and it doesn't work. I have windows 7 and using internet explorer latest version.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hunter Owens replied 1 year ago.

Hunter Owens :

It will be my pleasure to assist you with your computer today.

Hunter Owens :

What email program do you use?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

I'm using yahoo

Hunter Owens :

Thanks. When you have the email folder visible in Internet Explorer, you should be able to print directly from there if you press CTRL and P at the same time.

Customer:

I will try it just a moment

Hunter Owens :

No rush.

Customer:

it doesn't work

Hunter Owens :

Does anything print out?

Customer:

I tried control and prt sc and hoped it would show but the only thing it showed in word pad was

"wht6z9s"

Hunter Owens :

Did you press "PRT SC" or "P"?

Customer:

I also tried copy and paste to word pad and to note pad and nothing showed up

Customer:

I used prt sc

Customer:

should I have used p

Hunter Owens :

Yes, sorry for the confusion with the similar keys. Try pressing CTRL and P, in the Yahoo Mail folder page, not this page.

Customer:

nothing

Hunter Owens :

Do you see a File menu bar in Internet Explorer?

Customer:

I checked all emails first then tried ctrl p and nothing

Customer:

no file menu on ie

Hunter Owens :

Does File appear when you press the Alt key on your keyboard?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

when I press alt file menu is there

Hunter Owens :

Okay, so make the Yahoo email list visible, then press Alt, click File, and then click Print from the drop-down menu.

Customer:

it only shows in the print preview window as just the headline

Customer:

should I try to go ahead and print

Hunter Owens :

I would try, maybe more will be on a second page.

Customer:

I just tried and it just printed the headers

Customer:

just the one page

Customer:

and just the header

Hunter Owens :

Okay, let's try Print Screen again. Press just the Print Screen key (no CTRL) on the Yahoo Mail page.

Customer:

I tried just hitting the prt sc key and nothing happens. should I have used the control key first along with prt sc

Hunter Owens :

Nothing visibly happens, but this time just press it alone without the Control key. Now, click on Start and type Paint into the Search programs text box and then select it from the list of search results. When paint opens, press CTRL and V at the same time.

Customer:

ok it only shows

wht6z9s in the paint program

Hunter Owens :

You are running Windows 7, correct?

Customer:

yes win 7

Hunter Owens :

Okay, there's one more tool that should definitely work.

Hunter Owens :

Click on Start, in the Search box type Snipping Tool, and then in the list of results click Snipping Tool again.

Customer:

I hope you can help

Hunter Owens :

Let me know when you have the Snipping Tool open.

Hunter Owens :

Were you able to find the Snipping Tool?

Customer:

I was able to print some and think this may work. It's not very easy like I thought it would be when I saved my job search emails though! lol

Hunter Owens :

Were you able to print it through the Snipping Tool or another method?

Customer:

so I have to click the snipping tool before I can select what I want to print, right?

Customer:

and then click it again to paste it into a program, right?

Customer:

and then print it, right?

Hunter Owens :

I would get what you want to print on the screen first, then take the snip, then paste the snap into a program to print it.

Customer:

ok I think you're right.

Hunter Owens :

But there are a few different ways to do it, so however it works for you is fine.

Customer:

There must be an easier way but I don't have time to figure it out right now. Is there a program or something that makes this easy?

Hunter Owens :

The Snipping Tool should be pretty quick once you get the hang of it.

1. Get image on screen.
2. Open Snipping Tool and click New, Full-Screen Snip.
3. Open Paint, Paste in the Snip.

Hunter Owens :

4. Click Print from within Paint.

Customer:

I think this will do it for me, thank you sooooooo much!!!

Hunter Owens :

You're welcome! It will get easier as you do it more. :)

Customer:

now what do I do so you get paid

Hunter Owens :

If you are satisfied with the support you have received today, you can click on a rating to end our chat.

Customer:

ok and again, thank you for making a difference in my life!

Hunter Owens :

You're very welcome!

Experience: Your problem meets my passion. A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.