Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Why does my music keep cutting out and sometimes not returning?

Why does my music keep cutting out and sometimes not returning? I have a years subscription. Also frequently it doesn't really shuffle. Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

you are listening music on the computer or some other device

Michelle :

which site do you have subscription

Customer:

I believe my subscription is with pandora|one. I listen on the computer but would like to add to my mobile. Just as I was waiting for your reply the music cut off 2 times for several seconds once then permanently. The music is playing now.

Customer:

the music cut off again-now permanently. I will go to pandra|one online and hit on Pandora|one.com to get the music back.

Customer:

the music is now playing again

Michelle :

you can hear music fine on computer but the music breaks or cuts off on your mobile device is that correct

Customer:

yes but I don't have it o my mobile. that is just something for the future.

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

is it one particular song or music which is cutting off or it happens on all the songs

Customer:

all the songs all the time. ps I have about 45 artists in the shuffle mode. Is that too many?

Michelle :

it should not be too many however you can try reducing it to 10 or 15 then we can identify the reason.

Michelle :

you can add them removed once as we check if it works fine with 10 to 15 songs or not

Customer:

do you wan me to do that now?

Michelle :

yes please

Michelle :

45 number of songs are too much for the pandora buffer to hold as in shuffle mode and if you remove shuffle mode it might work fine too.

Michelle :

its basically streaming all 45 songs at the same time from the pandora server and therefore it has a delay in relying the songs properly.

Customer:

please stand by. I now have about 20 artists

Michelle :

now play and check

Customer:

really do not want to remove the shuffle option. Is that necessary?

Michelle :

yes please remove the shuffle if its 45 songs in 20 songs you can try and check if it streams fine

Customer:

What is the cause of it shutting off permanently? Then I have to try several actions to make it come on again.

Michelle :

is it playing fine now?

Michelle :

after removing shuffle option

Customer:

There are now bout 20 stations and the shuffle feature remains. The music has been continuos now since we stared talking. Can we leave it be for awhile to see if there are no interruptions?

Michelle :

absolutely

Michelle :

the logic behind the voice or data loss is due to the buffer space streaming from the pandora service it cannot stream 45 songs at the same time as shuffle is the option which keeps all 45 songs active but the bandwith of the server is not allowing so many songs to stream together that is why you are getting delays on listening the songs.

Customer:

are you still there

Michelle :

yes

Michelle :

i am

Michelle :

i would recomment to keep 10 to 15 songs in one buffer so that the streaming can run without any problem.

Customer:

ok. If there are interruptions again I will let you know. In the meantime Ill just let it continue to play.

Michelle :

sure

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors