Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

My Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (2003) has just recently

My Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (2003) has just recently started crashing about half way into the game. The monitor goes black and then the desktop screen comes up and there is a message in the middle of the screen telling me that I had a serious error that might be caused by viruses, overheated hardware, etc and telling me to go to a forum for more information. I did, but was given no useful info and I have not been able to call EA for tech support. I have played this game for almost 10 years and am disturbed that it will not complete eventhough I can start it and select an episode. I have tried five different episodes and they all crash about half way through and send me the same message. What is happening and what can I do? Please help me!
D. XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

This is generally an issue with either Hard Disk corruption or the registry having an issue and I want to rule this out first please.

Can you do the following please

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

CC Cleaner

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, Run, type in CMD and press enter

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /f

Press enter.

It will complain the Volume is in use and to run on restart. Say YES and restart the computer

Than try Command and Conquer and tell me please if it is still crashing.

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will take my computer to a technician and have him check the HD and the registry.

Good Bye,

Dr. Robinson

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome.

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you