Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

How can I check whether I have the legitimate version of SpeedyPC

How can I check whether I have the legitimate version of SpeedyPC Pro
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

What do you mean by legitimate?

Did you purchase this program yet?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Chris,

By legitimate version I mean the original software and not the scam.

Yes, I did purchase the program and it is on my computer.

As I meanwhile heard of a possible scam with the program, I am afraid to run it.

Thank you

Juan

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Juan,

Speedy PC Pro is a questionable program. What I mean by that, is it is not really a scam in the sense like it is a virus but the scam is more that what it does is not really that great. You can run it though without fear.

Basically the way the software is advertised is that it will magically fix all of your computers problems and make the computer fast. This is not really true, while it may do a few maintenance type things , I doubt you will see any great increase in performance.

Professional techs such as myself never use such programs because they don't do much of anything that could not be done other ways for free.

Had you asked my opinion before buying it I would have recommended you do not buy it.

You are not at risk of being scammed in terms of the program stealing your money or passwords or anything like that, but it is just that the program and the company who makes are not very good.

You will see if you ever try and get support from that company that it is very difficult.

So all and all , you are not in any danger or anything but the program you purchased is just not that great, I am assuming you actually did buy speedypcpro and not something else.

If the program keeps asking you to pay money or something like that I want you to let me know right away as you may have downloaded the wrong thing or got some type of virus.

Here is the actual website for the company that makes the software:
http://www.speedypc.com/product/download-speedypc-pro.aspx

If that is the product you have then you do not have a virus, just a piece of software that really isn't worth the money you paid.

If you have further questions about this please just reply and let me know.

Thank you,
Chris

Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.